Chapter Seventeen | Torture

Warning:violence and mentions of sexual assault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're Miguel's underboss, am I correct?"

"Yes."

"Do you know what happened the night my cousin died?"

"What?"

This man is testing my patience. I need answers from him. And he's not giving me what I want.

"Don't give me that, you know exactly what I'm talking about."

"I-I know what was supposed to happen that night." he choked out, making me sigh with relief, finally we were getting somewhere.

"You helped to plan it?" I asked, circling around him like a lion does his pray. "I asked you a question Roberto, do you need me to repeat myself?"

He shook his head in dismay but still didn't answer me.

"It's a simple yes or no answer." I snapped at him, making him flinch. He went to speak but before he could I interrupted him,

"Be careful what you say, one answer is a lie, and I hate liars, and the other answer is the truth, but I just so happen to hate that truth even more." I whispered to him, sending shivers all through his body.

"For fuck sake Roberto!" I shouted, "Answer the goddamn question! Did you help plan that night?"

"Yes, yes I did ok!" He shouted back before cowering in his seat. I chuckled to myself, while spinning a knife round my fingers.

"And did you think it was a good plan?" I asked, an inquisitive tone to my voice.

"It was a good plan." He mumbled under his breath.

I laughed. Out loud. Everyone else in the room stared at me like I'd gone mad. I contemplated weather or not to say what I was about to. But the smug look on Robertos face sent anger to ever inch of my being.

"You thought, torturing, sexually assaulting and murdering children, was a good plan?"

The room stilled and everyone's breathing stopped. That was the first time I've spoken of the goings on of that night before.

I new it would shock everyone. And even though they had all made a guess as to what happened, actually hearing it made it seem so much more real.