Chapter Twnety-Two | Its A Lifestyle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cecilia hasn't spoken a word all day

Cecilia hasn't spoken a word all day. Getting her out of bed this morning was a challenge in itself. Seeing her like this is enough heart break.

I knew when getting into this it would be hard. I knew she would try and push me away, that's not the problem. I know Cecilia and I know deep down that she pushes away those she truly cares about.

The problem was that I didn't factor in that seeing her in a depressive state, having no motivation to move, would effect me this much.

Only now am I truly realising how much of an this woman controls me. All I want to do is care for her, comfort her, but she won't allow me too.

I hate that she's pushing me away but I knew she would. I knew what I signed up for. So all I can do is be there for her. She needs me even if she doesn't think she does.

Durning the time I've known her, she's had off days. But none of them have been this bad. But today's understandable-Matteo's birthday.

Sometimes, the days you used to celebrate with someone, hurt more than the days you lost them. Days like these that are centred around happy memories cut deeper than anything else.

I cracked open out bedroom door slightly, the sun lit up the space but the half drawn curtains faded the brightness.

Cecilia was sat upright, reading a book I've seen her read many a time. I assumed it was her favourite as she's always re-reading it.

Her position didn't change once I entered through the door, nor did it change when I sat down on the other side of the bed.

She was either ignoring me or she was so infatuated by her book that her mind was in another world.

As she came to the end of a chapter, she slid her bookmark down the page and closed the book with extreme care, like if she didn't the words would run away.

She then placed the book on the bedside table and turned to face me. Her body was engulfed in one of my hoodies and her tanned legs were crossed in front of her.
Her hair was a perfect mess and I, once again, got lost in the darkness of her eyes.

We sat in silence, looking at each other for a good while.

"I got you something." I finally said after what felt like hours.

"You did?" She asked, confusion lacing her words.

"Well, it was Anastasia's idea." I clarified as I reached into my pocket.