Chapter Thirteen | Adventure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know exactly where to take her

I'd never taken anyone here before, I found it as a kid and only go there when I don't want anyone to find me. But something about taking her there, in this moment, feels right.

I grabbed her hand and helped her off the roof. I led her downstairs sneaking through the rest of the sleeping house. I had to slow down my walking when she was practically jogging to keep up with me.

I took her into my garage. I nodded my head towards the elegant 1953 Chevrolet Corvette parked among a sea of cars. Her eyes lit up at the sight and her mouth dropped open an unnoticeable amount.

"A convertible car you only ever see in movies! Very spur of the moment." Her voice sounded impressed as she dragged her finger over the cream coloured paint. But, like always, she had sarcasm rolling through her words.

"I'll have you know this is the car I always use when girls ask me to take them on a spontaneous adventure."

She raised her eyebrows and placed her hand on my bicep, which had more of an effect on me than I would have liked, and said in a mocking tone, "Yeah right."

We laughed into a peaceful silence as I began driving.

Wind blew through her hair, highlighting every section of her face.

Her skin was soft and her eyelashes long. Even without makeup, this girl was beautifully stunning. She tilted her head up even more so the breeze brushed over every part of her face, her eyes were closed and she breathed.

It looked as though that one breath revitalised her, refreshed her. She looked so angelic sitting there, like she didn't have a care in the world. I could admire her all day but I kept having to remind myself to keep my eyes on the road.

You'd never guess by looking at her that every second of everyday she's fighting an almost loosing battle with her mind. She hides it with everything she's got.

She's perfect. Perfectly Imperfect. A broken mess of flaws and sins; I couldn't fault her if I tried.

I pulled over outside of a row of stone houses and cut off the engine. To our left was a dark narrow path and to our right was the entrance to a small town, lit by a limited number of glowing street lamps. I looked over to see her eyebrows furrowed. I could see snarky sarcastic comment brewing in her mind.

"I asked for a spontaneous adventure, not an outing to a quaint village."

As I guessed, sarcastic as ever.

"Just wait principessa." I said, laughing at her impatience. She stood staring at me blankly so I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her down the path with me. She kept asking questions as we ventured along it, I gave her nothing of any use which I'm pretty sure made her ask more questions. However her voice made me feel at peace, so I didn't mind the constant interrogation.