Chapter Twelve | In The Stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet again, I couldn't sleep. My mind never seems to shut off. It just keeps spinning. Never stopping. The nightmare yesterday has massively put me off sleeping in a room alone, and I don't exactly want to go knocking on Elijah's door. Sleeping in his bed was far more enjoyable than I imagined. I felt secure next to him. Safe.

That was the first time I've ever slept in bed with a man without actually sleeping with him. It was, oddly refreshing.

I liked it. I don't know whether it was Elijah's company that I liked, or whether I just liked the company in general. I'm sure it's the latter.

I'm also sure that the way Elijah these word feelings I have towards Elijah are purely friendship based. Apart from the fact he's insanely attractive. But, I've never really had friends, except Ana, and I've definitely never liked someone in a romantic way, so I don't think I can differentiate between the two.

I slipped out of bed, threw on some clothes, and headed towards the door. I don't exactly know where I'm going but I needed to get out of that room.

The darkness of the hallway took over all of my senses. A slight draft was flowing through the air, but I couldn't seem to work out where it was coming from. I turned the corner aiming to find the staircase, but instead was met with an open door.

Curiosity took over me as I edged closer to it. Elijah's room sat silently still in front of me. Shadows moved in the subtle moonlight and the curtains swayed in the breeze that was sneaking in through the slightly ajar door leading to the balcony. Everything is silent. Elijah was nowhere to be seen.

The balcony enticed me. It was like I needed to see it. It piqued my interest to know whether or not he was out there. So without thinking of the consequences, I made my way through his, exceptionally clean, room to the door.

I peaked my head around the corner and the light from the night sky filled my vision. I looked to my left and was pleasured with the view of Elijah laying flat on the roof.

He was staring up at the stars, like they were the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. He was mesmerised by them, like they were someone he used to know. Like they were his friends. Like he new all their secrets and they new his.

It warmed my heart slightly, knowing that someone else looks at the night sky the same way I do. With pure admiration.

"Mind if I join?" I said while sitting next to him. He tilted his head slightly, not expecting company. He stared at me with perplexity covering his face. "Your door was open, and my curiosity took over."

He nodded his head at my answer and went back to gazing at the stars. The sky was covered in them. Everywhere I looked, a different diamond twinkled in my vision.

They made me feel so small yet so powerful. They looked at me like I was the only person in the world. Like nothing else mattered but me and them. And in the moments that I look up at the sky, nothing else does.