Chapter Twenty Six | Friends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four weeks later

"Where's Atnus?"

"Good morning to you too."

"I've seen you already today."

"I know but it's common curtesy." Elijah said in among a low chuckle.

He sat, shirtless, on a barstool, book in hand, while eating cereal. It was an unexpectedly appealing sight which I had to force myself to look away from when I caught myself staring.

"Like what you see?" He asked an arrogant smirk dancing in his face.

"Actually no, you've got a little something there." I said, walking closer to him while pointing to the inner corner of my lip.

His face dropped as his hand quickly flew up to wipe his face. I giggled quietly to myself as I reached his side.

"I'm joking," I smiled innocently at him, "You look beautiful."

His lips crept into a wide smile as he pulled me onto his lap.

"As do you principessa." He said, kissing my cheek. I couldn't stop the joy that painted my face.

He made my heart glow.

It's a feeling I'm unfamiliar with but form now on, I never want to live without it. It's an addictive feeling. It drags me in, and as much as I try to run. I can't. I physically can't.

Elijah shifted under me, adjusting his position so he could keep reading.

The look of concentration on his face as the letters entered his brain was infatuating. His eyes lit up slightly as he turned the pages, all different emotions swirling on his face.

"The Bell Jar?" I asked, recognising the words on the page.

"Sí." He said, his eyes not meeting mine as he spoke.

I've noticed over the past few months that when he is in deep thought his Italian comes out. I love when he speaks Italian. His voice turns so deep husky it's enough to make me swoon.

"This is what it is to be happy." I whispered into his ear as I leaned into his hold.

"You've read it?" He questioned.

"Of course." I sighed, smiling as he moved me so he could look me in the eye.

"Yes." He said, "This is what it is to be happy."

~~~~~

"That girl will be the death of me."

"That bad?" I asked as Ana stormed over to the seat next to me.

"Yes that bad." She said as she sunk down into the chair bringing her hands up to her face.

"Sorry for making you do this." I said. My words making her snap her head in my direction.