Chapter Nineteen | New York

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's our firsts day off in two weeks, if you keep talking about work I might just have to jump in front of that taxi

"It's our firsts day off in two weeks, if you keep talking about work I might just have to jump in front of that taxi."

"Fine by me."

"So you wouldn't care if I went off on my own right now?"

"Nope." I said, popping the P to get my point of not caring across.

Elijah looked at me, with an incredulous tint in his eyes. He stopped walking and started to slowly turn around, beginning to walk in the opposite direction. My heart dropped slightly.

Crowds of people separated us and panic set in. Bodies swarmed around me enclosing me in a portal of fear.

I've never liked large groups of people. It's one of my few weaknesses. Put me in a crowded area with no one I know and I can't think straight.

My breathing deepened and my nails dug into my palms, surly drawing blood. And in that moment, as much as I wanted to abstain from finding Elijah, I knew I couldn't survive here alone.

I pushed my way through the floods of people, trying to find a way out. I ended up on a street that wasn't nearly as full and my breathing finally calmed. In an instant, I felt better.

"Miss me already?" Elijah said through the phone. He'd picked up my call after one ring, almost as though he was waiting for me to phone.

"No, I just..don't know my way around." I unconvincingly said in answer to his question.

"Yeah, yeah. Turn around." He spoke as a  deep chuckle echoed through my ear.

I instantly turned by body, my phone still pressed to the side of my face. And there he was. Leaning smugly against a brick wall, smiling to himself.

I walked over to him with an unimpressed scowl plastered to my face.

"Fancy another spontaneous adventure?" He asked as I drew closer to him,

My face lit up slightly at the thought-much to his liking.

"Do you have something in mind?" I asked inquisitively.

"I always do." He said before grabbing my hand and dragging me behind him.

~~~~~

"Act natural."

Before I could respond we were walking through the doors to an office building.