Chapter 32.

Normani's POV

I started getting ready for school, not really caring for the day. I didn't get much sleep last night, I checked my phone and it was Megan blowing me up.

I put her messages in dnd, debating if I should block her.

I shouldn't have gotten involved when I knew what it was anyways.

I wore some sweats and a hoodie, I went downstairs and my mom and gma sat at the kitchen table.

"Sweetie what's wrong? You look..." my mom looked me over, "not like yourself," 

"Yeah I'm just tryna get the day over with, is there any food?"

"Mani what's going on?" My gma spoke, sipping her coffee soon after.

"Megan," I shrugged, looking on the counter to see a breakfast sandwich.

I sank my teeth in it as my mom spoke to me.

"I thought you said Taraji got her out,"

"She did but it's something else," I continued to eat. "I have to get going anyways if ima make it to school,"

"Well baby Megan loves you and you know that,"

"Hey, I never liked her for you," Gma waved it off.

"That's not what's important, what's important is how it looks like I died and you've been grieving," my mom looked over at me

"I'll be fine, I have dance practice so I have to stay after again, I'll be home around 5,"

I walked out the house and got into my car. I made my way into the school building, and into my class.

I sat by myself and listening to music while completing a packet we were handed the other day.

"What's wrong pretty?" I heard a familiar voice, I knew it was Paige but I honestly don't have the energy for her.

"Nothing," I kept it simple

"You can talk to us you know?" Trevor walked over as well turning the chair around before sitting on it.

"I'm good, rough morning,"

"It's that girl?" Paige asked

I just looked down into my packet continuing what I was doing.

"She the one who got you like this?" She asked again. "Listen shorty I'd never hurt you for real, it'd kill me to see you like this especially if I hurt you,"

I rolled my eyes. I don't want her. I want Megan.

Maybe I should've said something earlier or spoke about it but she willingly went to jail for this girl. I see that she still loves her and I can't compete with someone she has that amount of history with.

It felt good to beat her ass though, not one of her hits connected though so I walked out untouched.

Honestly I'm just so fed up. And if Megan want me back then I need her to show me that she wants me and only me because I curve Paige day after day with no hesitation.

I don't know maybe it's just different.

Paige and Trevor were talking to me throughout the class but I wasn't really paying attention.

Once I got to lunch I sat in my usual spot but I didn't really have an appetite.

"Hey Mani," I heard Solana and Ryan

"What the hell? Why you look like that girl?" Solana scrunched her face up.

"Megan, I don't even know where we at," I shrugged