Chapter 42.

Megan's POV

"I care for you more than anything in the world," I spoke to Mani as I spray painted a heart on the bricks.

"You keep letting her flirt with you , I know how you are you don't even realize," she rested against a wall.

"I don't see her in that way Mani," I walked over to her cupping her face in my hands

"You the only girl I see," I rested my lips on hers.

She slid her tongue in my mouth and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I picked her up and I started walking over to my car.

"Pick up the cans we left," she pointed over

I did just that. I packed up and met her back in the car. She played pyramids from the aux.

"Give me a kiss," I pulled her into my drivers seat.

"Mm I hope you know we're not going to be doing that for a while," she pointed down

"What you mean?"

"No sex," she looked me in my eyes. I could tell she was not joking. Solana and Ryan definitely been talking to her.

"Normani-"

"I feel like we've just been doing it and it doesn't mean much to you anymore,"

"That's not true baby, it does," I exhaled

"I'm your girlfriend bubba lately why does it feel like I've been just been a booty call?"

"I've just been so busy, you know it's not like that,"

My phone began to go ring, looking down it was Diamonté.

I quickly declined. She called me again.

Normani sat back in her seat. "Just answer,"

"Ba-"

"Answer," she crossed her arms and I answered the FaceTime.

"Megannnnnn, we misss youuuu come back," she pouted in the camera and smiled.

"Diamonté next time I'm posed to come to the studio is Friday," I started rubbing my forehead. At the corner of my eye I saw Normani.

I can see why she'd be upset.

"Come now,"

"I'm with my girl right now,"

She sucked her teeth.

"Listen D ima go,"

"Whatever Megan,"'she hung up

I looked over at Normani. She looked out the window.

"Nor-"

"Bring me home,"

I huffed.

"But-"

"I have school tomorrow, it's getting late. Bring me home,"

I nodded. "Let me stay with you," I rested my hand on her leg.

"You want to be with her,"

I froze while looking at her. I saw her wipe a tear quickly. A quick sniffle followed. She crossed her arms, still looking out the window.

"No," I shook my head lightly.

"Every time she calls you leave," she took a breath. "After sex when you think I'm asleep I can't hear her calling you and you leave me. For her," her leg began bouncing.

"Baby," I wiped a tear that began to fall.

"Don't," she shook her head. "She reminds you have Caresha,"

"Normani-"

"Tell me I'm wrong Megan. She always needs you right? When she's drunk and you love to save people. Do you save her?"

I sat still. "She usually needs a ride home or something but-"

"I want you to pursue your career. I want you to thrive and do great in the music industry but I'm really not sure about her Megan. All she wants is the worst things from you,"

"Normani you don't know her. She's not like that," I regretted that as soon as I said it. I feel like I'm digger myself a deeper whole that I don't mean to dig. I'm not always going to work with people she likes but I have to start somewhere.

I don't see her like that. I don't see her as Caresha as I sure as hell don't see her the way I see Normani.

She opened her mouth wordlessly and closed it quickly after.

"You're not considering how I feel, and what I see from the outside,"

"I hear you bear, she's just a coworker," I rubbed her knee to soothe her.

"Then why do you see her outside of work hours? Why does she contact you about personal things?" She took a deep breath.

"You need to make it very clear with her, very soon, that you are mine. I don't want any games Megan,"

I licked my lips. When she gets aggressive on me I can't help but feel some type of way.

"I understand,"

"And I don't like the late hours, I want you with me,"

"I'm coming home with you tonight," I pulled her face into mine for a soft kiss.

"Thank you," she rested her forehead on mine.

"For?"

"Listening to me, even though you can be hard headed," she laughed lightly

"Sometimes,"

My phone started going off again and this time it was mom.

"Hey mom," I answered, mostly confused because it was so late

"Pick me up from the airport, Lance is trying to follow me I need to throw him off,"

"Mom you good? Who's Lance? I'm on my way right now Manis with me,"

"My ex, listen I have to talk to your dad just please get here and fast,"

#

Hiiii yalllll

This chapter was mostly conversation we building into something good though

What y'all think about Normani's jealousy?

And Megan's hard headed ass

Long time no see🧍🏽

I hope all is well

I apologize for taking forever to update I've been super busy but I do still enjoy reading yall books.

Low key had writers block for a moment im thinking about drafting out some chapters and seeing if I like them

Life update if y'all care for real :)

I've still been mostly good, got into it not too long ago with my mom but I think we're okay now. I've just been busy with school, I got my report card last Friday my gpa boosted to a 4.2 so we real happy about that.

Im in a few clubs at school, I won class president, winter season is my off season so ion play sports until spring. I go to a vocational school so I've been top in my shop for a minute. Although im not doing sports right now I just recently got back into my workouts and a girls body is soreeee.

I think that's it rn🧍🏽. How's everybody? Remember feel free to text me honestly I miss y'all😢