Handa ka ba?

It was a peaceful night at their usual hangout place. With the over looking view of the city at night and fresh air? Seems like nothing can go wrong diba?

Two friends have been sitting silently on a bench under the moonlight for a while now.

Two strangers that met 5 years ago and instantly became friends.

"Hey." Shane greeted. "You've been quiet."

Rach looked at her, "Ikaw rin naman ah."

"Sa ating dalawa, ikaw yung madaldal. What's up?"

Shane noticed how Rach fidgeted. Which confused her because she knew the latter as someone who's confident and sure of herself.

Out of habit, she put her hand on top of hers to at least calm her. "Hey, you can tell me anything diba?" Shane softly said.

Rach instantly felt calm. She smiled as she remembered that Shane always make her calm.

"Do you still love me?" she asked.

Ah, now I know, it's the typical friend falling inlove with their friend story.

Shane retracted her hand and again confused, "Why are you asking?" then stared at her.

Rach shrugged, "Curious ako."

Shane sighed, "In that case, wag mo nang alamin."

"What? Why?" Rach added.

Shane looked straight ahead. "It's been what? 3 years? We're okay na. What you don't know won't kill you."

Rach seemed to be getting impatient.
"Eh bakit ayaw mong sagutin?"

Shane didn't like her tone. "Why are you pushing this? It's not like it's going change anything."

"What if it will?"

"What?" Shane whipped her head to the side and saw Rach's tearful eyes.

"What if, this time, handa na ako?" Rach said in a very low voice but Shane heard it loud and clear.

Another round of silence engulfed them.

After a few minutes, Shane let out a deep breath while still looking straight ahead.

"Fine, I still do. Hindi naman ako tumigil eh. Pero, tanggap ko na. Kuntento na ako sa kung anong meron tayo." she paused and turned her head to looked at Rach who's already crying her heart out.

"Wag na nating gawing komplikado. Okay na ako, Rach." then she stood up.

Walked towards her friend and gave her a kiss on her head, "I'll go ahead. Ingat ka pag-uwi."

Then proceeds to walk without looking back.