Marry Me

"Hey, Good morning." I said as I planted a kiss on her forehead.

Unti unting nagmulat ang mga mata niya at sunod kong nakita ang pangalawa sa paborito ko, ang ngiti niya.

"Good morning."

Hinawi ko ang buhok na tumambon sa mukha niya, "Breakfast is ready. I'll wait for you in the kitchen, a'ight?"

"Hmm." she mumbled.

I forced myself to get out of bed as things might lead to another cause of how painfully cute she is right now.

"It's been a while since you made me breakfast."

I am finishing up her coffee when she showed up, "I know and I'm sorry. Just got busy with work." She took a seat and I placed her coffee in front her.

She took a sip, "Hmm, I miss this."

I smiled, "And I miss you too."

She laughed, "Gutom lang yan. Let's eat."

After eating, I let her do her morning rituals first.

"Oh are we going to watch a movie? Don't you have work?" She said as she sat with me on the couch.

"Yes, we are and no, I don't have work. I filed a leave today."

"Oh really now? That's new."

I sighed. Hinapit ko siya sa beywang at pinatong ko ang baba ko sa balikat niya, "Hey, I'm sorry okay? Habang buhay kong pagsisisihan na nakalimutan ko yung birthday mo. Sorry na ha?"

She looked at me briefly, "Are you using your cuteness on me?"

"Is it working??"

"Medyo pero wag mo akong idistract. I want to watch."

Instead of saying something, I just looked at her.

A few moments passed and she sighed, "I can't watch if you're looking at me like that."

"What? Inaappreciate ko lang ang magandang biyaya ni Lord."

A smile is slowly forming in her face, "What's with you today?"

"Ayaw mo ba na ganito ako?"

"No but kinda suspicious. Did you do something? Are you cheating on me?!" tanong niya na may kasama pang hampas.

I grabbed her arms "Aray! Hey stop! I'm not cheating on you, okay?"

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you

Wake up every morning with you in my bed

That's precisely what I plan to do

A song came in from the TV.

"I do need to tell you something though."

Binaba ko ang braso niya at hinawakan ang mga kamay niya.

"Okay um, hoo! You know, I'm not really good with words but I need to do this."

"You're making me nervous. What is it?"

"Well um first, can you shut up for a minute? Just let me say this . . . . I want to thank you for giving me a chance 5 years ago. Hindi ko pa siguro nasasabi sayo 'to but you're the best thing that ever happened to me. I know that I was not the best partner to you. I have hurt you. I have let you down. I gave you every reason to leave me but you didn't. Thank you for staying, for just being there. Thank you for loving me especially those times that I don't even love myself. So now, I want to make up for all of my mistakes. I want to show you how much I love you. I want to be there for you too, for the rest of my life."

And if I lost everything

In my heart it means nothing

'Cause I have you,

Girl, I have you

To get right down on bended knee

Nothing else would ever be better, better

That day when...

"I um actually don't have the ring right now but when I finally have it, I'll say, Will you marry me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll say, laaaaaaame. But here you go 😉

Thanks for reading!