Acts of Service

"Hey uh I'm going to the grocery. Do you want something?" Maisie asked as she peeked through the door of their room.

Saskia, turned her head to looked at her girlfriend, "W-what? Wait, don't go anywhere!" she said and quickly finished whatever she's doing on her computer. She went out of their room and find Maisie in the kitchen.

Saskia noticed a list on the counter and picked it up. She went through it, "Oh wait, you forgot to put detergent powder. We ran out the last time I did the laundry."

Maisie turned her heel and faced the woman, "Okaaay," she looked at her from head to toe, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going with you." Saskia stated.

"Wh-what now? It's Monday. You have work and it's my turn." Maisie said.

"Work? I have done a lot already and I can just finish them later." Saskia explained. Maisie gave a look that was asking for more, "It's true besides I want to go with you, please?" she pleaded.

She stared at me for a moment, "Okay, you can go." she said.

"Yes!" Saskia fist bumped the air out of excitement.

After double checking everything, they head to the mall for the grocery shopping. Once arrived, Saskia immediately picked the big cart.

"Weee..." Saskia pushed the cart towards her girlfriend who's mentally rolled her eyes.

Yep, I brought a kid with me. Maisie thought.

Maisie continued looking through the beverage aisle as her girlfriend picked up two 1L of Chuckie.

She looked at her in disbelief and raised an eyebrow. Saskia scratching her head, "Small ones aren't available. These are the  only ones they have. Can we buy them? I'll drink responsibly, I promise!"

"You better monitor your sugar level." Maisie stated.

Saskia stood up straight and did salute, "Ma'am, yes, Ma'am!" she put the beverage in to the cart and she took over to push it.

 And the latter being the taller one, she automatically reaches out to get some products on the top shelf. 

"What do you want for dinner?" Saskia asked her girlfriend when they reached the meat station.

Maisie thought for a moment, "Not sure but I kinda of craving for steak."

Saskia picked two rib-eye steaks, "Steak it is. How about wine?"

"Nope, no alcohol tonight." the other woman replied.

"Okay, no alcohol." they continued to explore each aisle until they reached the last one. They head towards the cashier and wait in line which is quite long for a typical Monday.

Saskia looked around the store and her eyes found a Takoyaki stand. "Babe, wait here ha?" she said and excused herself.

Five minutes later, she appeared beside Maisie with 4 pieces of Takoyaki. "With hot sauce?" she asked Saskia.

"Opkors!" she took one Takoyaki and fed it to the other woman, "Good, right?"

"Hmm," Maisie agreed as she chew, "And hot."

Saskia laughed a bit, "Oh sorry."

Saskia beat her girlfriend on carrying the two large paper bags.

"Hey, give me the other one." Maisie tried to get one paper bag.

"Nope, I'm carrying them." She ignored her and started walking towards the parking lot.

"Baaaabe, open the trunk please." Saskia called out. Once open, she put the bags down and closed it.

When they entered the building of their condo, the receptionist called Saskia's attention. "Ms. Del Mundo, you have a delivery." They walked towards the reception desk with the delivery man on the side.

"That fast? Wow." Saskia uttered.

"Lazada again?" Maisie accused her with raising an eyebrow.

"What? No!" Saskia answered her.

"Ma'am, signature na lang po." said the delivery man.

"Babe, pa-sign." Saskia asked and her girlfriend. The latter followed suit with a suspecting eyes on her.

After that, the delivery man ran outside and took out a bouquet of flowers. He handed it to Maisie and the latter took it.

"Did you do something?" another accusation from her girlfriend while they get inside the elevator. Maisie pushed the button number 5.

Saskia just laughed, "No."

"Then, why the flowers? Is there an occasion?" the curious woman further asked.

"Babe, I don't need any occasion to give you flowers okay? I just want to give you one and that's it." Saskia explained.

The elevator reach their floor and they got out. A few steps and they reached their unit.

They entered their house, "It's not just the flowers though. Get ready in 30 and we'll have a dinner date, okay?" Saskia told her and walked towards the kitchen leaving Maisie in the living room.

She put down both bags on the counter when she felt something soft touched her cheeks, "Thanks for the flowers!" Maisie told her and ran towards their room with the flowers on her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside from breakfast, grocery shopping should be a kind of date too. It's fun!

Thank you for reading!