A Letter From Me To You

Dear You,

It was around 5 PM. We were waiting for our ride after spending 3-4 of just simply eating and talking like we have known each other for a very long time.

It was unplanned.

It was comfortable.

It was familiar.

While you were busy looking for a possible ride, I was behind you and just savoring the moment of being that close to you.

And I like the feeling of being skin to skin close to you. That day, the concept of personal space didn't make sense to me.

Then, I started replaying what happened from the moment we saw each other.

You don't know this but I actually saw you right away, I just pretended not seeing you. I was aware that you went around behind me. 

I was about to turn around but you beat me to it and tapped my shoulder. And I was thanking the mask I had on because it was hiding how big my smile was.

I have always imagined what will going to happen if we ever meet and regardless of how cheesy it gets on my mind, nothing beats reality. And just you merely standing right in front of me was much more better that I had imagined.

I finally got to looked at your eyes that I find so adorable because its quite big. You see, I always find narrow eyes or small eyes attractive but yours became my favorite pair and I don't even know why.

Then, we started looking for a place to eat and you were quite worried that I might be hungry and you kept asking me. But truth to be told, I wasn't that hungry though I didn't eat much prior to our meeting.

While walking, there were times that you would be a walking faster and be ahead of me or you will be behind me. I frowned upon that. I wanted you close to me and I wanted you where I can see you. Either by my side or I'm behind you but still close to me.

That moment, the concept of personal didn't make sense to me.

And everytime you're not looking at me, my eyes are always on you. The phrase, "Can't take my eyes off of you." tends to be true. I always thought it's silly.

So please, don't take it against me if I just kept staring at you the next time we meet. And don't even start me with your laugh, it was so good to hear personally.

I wanted to tell you about my adventures and how much I want to do them with you. But the time, it was just too short.

I was silently wishing that all jeepneys and buses to be full so that I could still have a few minutes with you by my side.

But of course, wishes don't come true. And I know, you have to go home too.

We found our ride. You held my hand as we made our way through the people inside the bus then you let go.

A few minutes went by and we had to go our separate way. I want to hug you that time. To feel your warmth. To engulf your body with my arms. But, I couldn't do it. There's a part of me, reminding me that I shouldn't do it.

I found an empty seat all the way back and took it. I sat there for a good 5 mins. The events kept replaying in my head like a broken record.

And then it hit me. And I was right.

And now, I'm certain.

I looked outside as the bus moves slowly through the traffic.

I have fallen in love with you.

And that night for the first time, I asked the man above to give me a chance. Just one chance with you. I even asked the universe for you.

Selfish, right? You seemed happy with the peson you are with right now. Do I have the heart to take that away from you? I don't. I can't do it. Even if having you means everything to me.

I've waited for someone like you. Someone who'll be able to melt the ice inside me. And now, I have found you but someone's already holding you.

If multiverse is real, I hope we could meet and be with each other in every single one of them.

I'm sorry for being late.

Sincerely,
Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would never fall in love again until I found her.
I would never fall unless it's you I fall into.

Thank you for reading!