Physical Touch Part 2

A part 2 no one asked for . . . . 

Jules is walking towards her home. She came from the mall to buy something. She was hungry and it was already 6 PM on a Friday night.

As she arrived at her doorstep, she smelled something burning and it was coming inside her house.

She quickly unlocked the door and saw, Wendy, who was supposed to be out of town with her company.

And she also noticed a pan on fire in her kitchen. She quickly came by the woman's side and stopped her from blowing out the fire.

"Hey, step back." she gently pushed her back and turned off the stove. Jules noticed a kitchen towel not far away. She grabbed it, put it on the pan, then moved it to the sink.

Jules took a deep breath and calmed herself. She doesn't Wendy to think that she's mad at her, she's got worried though. Her girlfriend has a sensitive soul.

Jules turned around and she found her girl just staring into the stove. She approached her and put her hand on the woman's shoulder, "You okay?" Jules asked.

With brimming tears, Wendy found her girlfriend's eyes, "I'm sorry. I-I was trying to cook something for you . . . m-my phone rang and I got distracted. I'm so s-sorry."

"Sssh, 'wag mo nang intindihin yun." Jules quickly checked her for any injuries, "Mukhang okay ka naman, order na lang tayong food ha?" she wiped a tear that escaped from her eyes.

Wendy nodded and her girlfriend guided her toward the living room. Jules turned on the TV as they sat down. She decided to let Wendy be in the meantime. Jules ordered pizza and they ate in silence once the food arrived.

The clock strikes 8 PM and Jules decided to do something to make her feel better, she hopes.

Jules stood in front of her, "Stand up," she gently pulled her to stand, "We'll make brownies."

"Ha?" Wendy responded wide-eyed, "I-I don't think that's a good idea."

"It'll be fine. I got you." Jules said with a reassuring smile. She then gently pulled her by the arm toward the kitchen.

Once there, Jules gathered all the ingredients from the cupboard and put them on the island counter.

"You have ingredients to make brownies?" Wendy asked in confusion.

"Of course, I have. Favorite mo yan diba?" Jules responded proudly which made her girlfriend smile for the first time since she saw her earlier.

They started baking and Jules guided Wendy through everything. She made sure that she shouldn't feel scared because she was with her.

While waiting for the brownies in the oven, they started cleaning up the kitchen. Jules noticed that her girlfriend was much more at ease and her expression seems normal compared to earlier. She continued to tell her about her day while Wendy listened attentively and will just ask her questions later.

It was around 10 PM when the brownies had cooled down they decided to eat them.

Jules took one piece that is big enough for the two of them. Placed it on the counter in front of Wendy.

"A brownie for m'lady," Jules said, "Oops, something's missing." she turned her back on her and looked inside the fridge. She took out a tub of ice cream.

She sat next to Wendy and put one scoop of ice cream on top of the brownie, "Now we have brownie a la mode. Let's eat!"

They both ate a spoonful of it, "How was it?" Jules asked Wendy that.

Wendy smiled and Jules know that it was genuine because of how her face lit up after eating a spoon of the brownie.

"So can you tell me why you are here instead of being with your team in La Union?" Jules added while the other woman get another spoon for herself.

"Well," Wendy started, "I thought that it might be a good idea to opt out of it since I'm seeing my team every day compared to you. Gusto kong bumawi sayo."

Jules sighed, "You can do that any time, you know."

"You don't want me here?" sadness was clear in Wendy's voice.

"What? No, of course not!" Jules put down her spoon and grabbed Wendy's chubby cheeks so she could look directly into her, "I want you here. I'm happy you're here. I really appreciate that you chose to be with me. I just don't want to be selfish. I don't want you to miss the fun."

"But I'd rather be with you." is all Wendy could say.

Grinning, Jules said, "You're becoming a smooth talker." with a slight pinch on her girlfriend's cheeks.

"I got that from you." Wendy countered.

Jules let go of her face, "Does that mean I'll have you for the whole weekend?"

Still, with a spoon inside her mouth, Wendy nodded.

Jules still smiling, "Okay, thank you for being here with me."

With that, they continue to talk about anything until they finished eating the brownie they made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm dreaming of lips I couldn't kiss

I'm dreaming of hands I couldn't hold

I'm dreaming of a body I couldn't touch

I'm dreaming of you I couldn't call mine

Thank you for reading!