Confrontation

Nathalie had a few drinks but still managed to stand up without a struggle. She excused herself to her colleagues as she needed to go to the restroom.

The restroom was quite far as she needed to passed a couple of tables from where they are.

She successfully relieved herself and came out after 10 minutes or so.

She was walking back to there table when she heard a familiar voice. A voice that she would never dared to hear spouting painful truths.

She quickly hid herself in a pillar just behind the table she heard the voice from.

"You need to ready your payment, guys. I'm left with only a month." Terry told the people he's with arrogantly.

"Oh please, don't get cocky. A lot of things can happen in a month." a man said.

The guy laughed, "You don't really have that much faith on me, do you?"

"Yes! Paul, you've seen Terry do this multiple times already and he always wins. That's why the bastard was able to buy a f*ckin' car." another man said then laughed.

"Just admit it. You're scared to lose your precious condo to me." Terry again.

"You wish! I'm just stating facts here. Besides, if you lose, I'll get your car." the first man responded.

"And that's not going to happen man, I've got the woman under my spell. I did lot of mistakes but she always forgives me. She's f*ckin' gullible." Terry laughed.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about? Care to share?" this time, the voice came from a woman.

"Hmm, a little curious are we?" Terry answered the woman. "You see, we had this tradition or a game every year. Yours truly is quite irresistible so a lot of woman would like to be with me." the rest of the people laughed.

"We started this like 4 years ago when we were in our last year of college. Every year, we would play a game where these bastards here will bet on whether I can make woman fell in love with me and then be with her for like 6 months. If I fell in love first, I lost but obviously, I always win." then all of them laughed.

Nathalie can't take anymore of what she's hearing. She would love to beat the guy and make sure that he'll be unrecognizable, but there is one thing she needs to do first.

With a rage building up inside her, she quickly got out of her hiding spot and went to her colleagues' table. She just told her that she has something to do and left the scene abruptly.

Nathalie took a cab and arrived at her destination for roughly 20 minutes.

She knocked three times before the door revealed her friend, Rose smiling.

"Hey, I thought you'll be out with your colleagues? It's just 8 PM." The latter said while Nathalie followed her inside.

All the rage inside Nathalie seems to vanished the moment she saw her. But, she is still determined to tell her the truth. She needs to hear the truth.

They ended up in the kitchen where Rose was cleaning up as she just finished eating her dinner.

"Are you hungry?" the other woman asked

"No." Nathalie answered. A few moments and she gathered up all the courage she could have, "Terr---" Rose cut her off. "Yeah, he said that he'll be in his parent's house tonight."

This made Nathalie mum for a solid 2 minutes.

"I saw him at the bar we where at just a few minutes ago before coming here." Nathalie observed her friend. She went stiffed but recovered almost immediately.

"Really? He must've been made a stop over before going to his parents." Rose countered and continue washing the dishes.

"I've heard him talked about a bet." Nathalie I pushed once more.

But suprisingly, Rose kept on cleaning. And my heart sank.

"You knew, don't you?" Nathalie uttered after a few seconds.

"I've been warned by some people. But, I know I can make him change." Rose turn around smiling.

Nathalie scoffed, "Change him? You don't make people change. You make people realize that they need changing. Now, if they don't, that's their problem not yours."

Rose moved closer to the island counter while Nathalie stood at the opposite side. Making them face each other.

"I love him and I know he loves me too." the latter responded.

"Love you? He just bragged to his friends that he's about to win their game. He didn't even care what you'll feel like you're f*cking toy."

Rose looked at me with a pleading eye, "Please Nat, try to understand me. He makes me happy."

Nathalie chuckled, "Let me ask you then. For a short period of time, how many times did he make you cry? Is it worth it if being miserable outdid the times he made you happy?"

"Nat . . . "

Nathalie sighed, "It's ironic, isn't it? You have the audicity to care for other people and yet you can't do it you for yourself."

Rose lower her head.

"You know, a lot of people don't realize but you just don't owe it yourself to take care of your own but you also owe it to the people that cars about you. How f*ckin' dare you to do that to yourself?"

Nathalie took a deep breath, "I may not know a lot of things about love and relationship but, I'm sure of one thing. You can't expect people to love you when you don't even know how to love yourself."

With a heavy heart, Nathalie turn around and started walking towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a thought: Some people get used to receiving crumbs so when someone walks by and is willing to give them a whole bakery, they run away because either, they think they don't deserve it or they don't know what to do with it.

It is important to know what you deserve but I think, ultimately, it is also important to demand what you deserve.

Happy Valentine's Day people!

Thank you for reading!