Words of Affirmation

Today is Saturday and yesterday Mitch just moved in on her new apartment.

Walking towards her house is her partner, Jesse carrying a can of paint on one hand and painting materials on the other.

It was a bare unit as in no paint but newly built and the walls has smooth finishing. 

Jess put down the can of paint then knocked on her door. Mitch, who's wearing working clothes, answered the door.

"Hey, you're on time!" she said and let the woman in.

Jesse walked inside and carefully placed the painting materials on the floor. She quickly stood and roamed her eyes around the house. There's not much furniture yet, a couch, small dining table with two chairs and her boxes with Mitch's name on it.

Jesse turned around and found her girlfriend's back facing her while fixing her hair. She stared at her for a second then snapped out of it and laughed. This made Mitch turn, "What's funny?"

Jesse thought for a bit, "Do you know you have a sexy nape?" Mitch had it tattooed before.

"Err no?" Mitch was caught off guard.

"Now you do." Jesse replied and walked past her to get to her room.

The room has only one mattress on the floor with two pillows. It's an airconditioned room at the least.

"Ang daming alam." Mitch said then poked Jesse on her side which where she's ticklish. Her partner gave a sudden squirm because of the contact, "S-stop!" Jess squealed.

Mitch giggled, "Let's start na."

They prepped the room by cleaning and put the mattress outside.

Once done, they started painting each wall. A little after an hour . . . 

"Done!" Jesse heard the woman and a bit confused. She turned her body and walked towards Mitch.

Jesse roamed her eyes around. The newspaper that she placed are scattered on the floor and the color is uneven. The paint is too thick on the other side. And she also managed to put some paint on her face and clothes. 

"Babe, hindi pantay yung kulay. You're not really good at this." Jesse laughed while her girlfriend pouted, "Don't worry, I still love you though." and placed a kissed on her head.

"Know what? I'll finish this and you just unpack your things. Make sure to clean yourself, okay? You have paint on your face and arms." Jesse added.

"Oo na." she went out of the room and Jesse started painting the walls again.

After a few hours, Jesse came out of the room and sat down on the couch, "Babe, gutom na ako."

Mitch has finished unpacking and just taking care of the boxes. She stopped, "Okay, I'll make something. Are you done with the paint?"

Jesse hummed as a response.

Mitch walked over to Jesse, "Freshen up then we'll eat, yeah?" she asked.

"But I'm tireeeed." she complained like a kid.

Mitch laughed and grabbed both of her arms to lift her up. Still holding, she guided Jesse her towards the bathroom. Before going inside, Jesse stopped.

"Kiss muna?" Jesse asked.

Mitch put her palm on her partner's face and pushed her inside, "Later, maasim ka."

30 mins after and Jesse got out of the bathroom.

"I'm fresh! Now, where's my kiss?" she said out loud which made Mitch laughed.

Two hands engulfed Jesse's face placed a quick kiss on her lips, "Now, can we eat?" Mitch asked after.

"Of course!" Jesse responded and took a seat. Mitch had set up the table so the other woman put food on their plates.

"Let's continue with the living room next week." Mitch proposed.

Jesse let out a quick sigh, "Agreed and let's stick to wallpapers instead, it is exhausting to paint."

Mitch nodded, "Fair point."

"You did good with it though." Jesse commented and tilted her head to see her girlfriend.

"You told me I sucked at it." Mitch reminded her.

"Well yeah, but it still saved me time on doing it. You've painted an entire wall. So yeah. you did good. Thank you, love." Jesse smiled and lightly pinched Mitch's cheeks.

And it warmed the latter's heart.

"Always welcome and I'm happy to help." Mitch responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one had been on my drafts for weeks. Buti na lang napilit.

Thank you for reading!