Soft Hours

It's currently 10am and our supposed to be math class was cancelled due to a faculty meeting.

All of our classmate decided to roam around the schoop to kill time before our next class. I, on the other hand, settled on a bench while looking to a certain person not so far from me.

Someone tapped my shoulder, "Wag mong katitigan baka matunaw." I looked it up and saw Ryan, one of my friends.

I chuckled, "Sorry, can't help it."

He sat beside me while doing a quick glance to the people I've staring at as he described it.

"They look good together. When will she make it official?" he asked.

I sighed and lowered my head, "Bukas. Sasagutin na niya bukas."

"And you know this because?"

"She told me." I raised my head to look at him as I answered.

His expression softened as he throw another question, "And how'd that made you feel?"

I gave him a small smile, "Kind of anticipated it to be honest. Sabi mo nga, label na lang ang kulang."

"That really didn't answer my question, y'know?" he said.

And I sighed again as I turned my gaze to her. Her eyes are glowing with her smile that never left her face since they started talking.

"Masaya ako kasi nakikita at nararamdaman ko naman na masaya siya." I paused and took a deep breath, "Pero bakit... bakit masakit?" I tore my gaze away from them and back to him.

He was silent for a few seconds, "Siguro kasi may parte sayo na gusto mo ikaw yung dahilan. Ikaw yung nagbibigay ng rason para sumaya siya."

"Siguro nga," agreeing with him, "Pero ang selfish no?"

"Aren't we all?" he countered, "So, what's your game plan?"

"Continue being her friend. Distance for a little bit. Set boundaries." I told him.

"You're aware that'll sucks, right? A torture." he said.

"Hmm yeah, I'm very much aware."

His brows creased, "Why?"

"Life doesn't give you a good person twice, y'know? She's one of the important people in my life. I don't want to lose her."

"Does she feel the same way? Like she doesn't want to lose you too?" he asked.

And that was the question I'm not really prepared for. And it breaks me slowly just thinking that it's okay for her to lose me.

I blinked to try to fight the tears, "I uh I'm not really sure. But I-I hope, somehow she feels that way too. Kahit dun man lang, magtagpo kami."

He suddenly put his hand on my shoulder, "You're a good friend too. I'm sure she knows that and if she don't, then it's her loss." he smiled and stood up. "Alright, I have to go back to my class. Prof might think that I flushed myself." he laughed to his own joke.

And that made me smile a little bit. It's nice to talk with someone once in a while.

"Alright. Thanks for the talk, dude. I kind of needed."

He did a small bow then headed his way back.

My gaze return to her and this time, her eyes catched me.

She smiled.

I smiled back and waved a bit.

This will be one hell of a journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2k plus sa Notes pero 500 words lang dito? Scaaaam.

Thank you for reading!