Quality Time

The clock striked 10 am and that means, I'm finished with work. After shutting down my pc, I stood up and did a quick stretch.

While doing that, I heard a knock on my door. I stopped amd head towards it. I took a peek.

"Jill? What are you doing here?" I asked as I unlock my door.

"Gusto ko ng carbonara." she answered and lifted a brown paper bag in front of my face. I took it from her. She walked passed me as I looked inside the bag.

It contains the ingredients. I closed the door behind me and followed her inside. She was already sitting at the island counter facing the kitchen.

I put down the bag in front of her. "Okay, and what are you going to do then?"

She shrugged, "Watch you."

I raised my left eyebrow, "Really now?" I started to take out the ingredients, "Y'know, I'm beginning to think that I'm just your personal chef."

"Maybe." she answered smirking.

"Not a girlfriend?" I asked again.

"Hmm, depends if the food will be good." she responded.

And as a competetive person, I took that as a challenge. "Give me 20 mins." I said and started cooking.

"20 it is." she started the timer, "Tapos ka na sa work mo?" she asked.

"Yeah, I just finished when you knocked. You?" I answered while heating the water.

"Have a lot to do, to be honest." she answered.

"And you chose to come here and eat?" I asked again.

"Yes! What's better to do than eat?" she responded.

I laughed, "That, I agree. Oh! And sleep, of course."

We talked about random stuff until I was done cooking. Holding the plate on my hand, I put it down in front of her to taste.

I waited anxiously as she took a bite. "Well?"

"Hmm, pwede na." she answered and started eating.

"Psh, pwede na." I mimicked her. I know she likes my food. I took some for myself and sat beside her.

"Do you want to do anything today besides this?" I asked.

She paused for a second, "Let's a watch a movie!"

"Okay." I responded.

I quickly washed our plates while she looked for something to watch.

"Are you done? I found one." she said from the living room.

I finished it up, "Done!" and walked to her. I sat beside her in the couch, "The Half Of It?" I read out loud from the TV.

"Hmm, I heard it's good." she said.

"Okay, let's go!"

And Jill pushed the play button. The movie was great and hopefully there's a sequel. We decided to watch another one but half way through, we fell asleep.

"Cal? Wake up na, Callie." I heard Jill's voice while gently shaking me.

"Hmm," I moaned, "What time is it?" my eyes still closed.

"Quarter to five." she answered.

"Uwi ka na?" I asked and slowly opened my eyes and saw her standing in front of me.

"Yeah." she responded.

"Okay..." I lazily stood up, closed the distance between us and engulfed her in a hug. She returned the favor and I immediately melted into her arms.

"You okay?" Jill asked in a low and comfortable tone.

"Hmm, needs energy." I answered, "Bihis lang ako tapos hatid kita sa labas."

"Alright..." she said.

I gently squeezed her between my arms and kissed her at the side of her head before untangling myself from her.

Walked towards my room to change clothes. I got out a few moments after, "Let's go." I said and led us ourselves out.

She grabbed my arm and wrapped hers into it as we crossed the road. I yawned as we walked together.

"Get some sleep again once you're back home." she said.

"I'll try." I answered as we reached the terminal.

She let go of my arm, "Let me know when you get home, ha?" I told her.

She nodded adorably. I smiled to that. She went inside. I waved goodbye and she did the same before the tricycle drove off.

My eyes followed tricycle until I can no longer see it. I turned around and walked back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellie Chu: What do you like about Aster?
Paul Munsky: She’s pretty and smart. What else could I like about her?
Ellie Chu: I don’t know. How her eyes look right into yours. How you could live in an ocean of her thoughts, and she really knows…
Paul Munsky: I’m so stupid.
Ellie Chu: I just meant…
Paul Munsky: You like Aster?

It's been two years! Sequel naman dyaaan.

Thank you for reading!