It was when . . . .

It was when your eyes met his.

"Raf, this is my bestfriend Gail."

You smiled. "Hi."

He did too. "Hello."

From there, I knew something's about to changed.

It was when he told me he loves you.

"I love her."

You did too. "I love him."

From there, I knew that I just lost you.

It was when he officially asked you.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He was smiling.

You were too. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

From there, I knew I would do everything to see those smile of yours.

It was when you told us you are leaving, for good.

"What about us?" He asked.

"Sumunod ka sakin pagkatapos ng isa o dalawang taon. We'll get married and start a family there." She answered.

"You know, I can't. My life is here. I j-just can't leave like that and long distance is not easy."

"So what? You'll quit? Just 'cause it's hard, you'll give up?"

"I'm sorry."

"Know what? Let's just break up. Walang patutungahan ang relasyong 'to."

From there, I knew I had to do something.

It was when you were about to leave.

"Hey, are you ready?" I asked as I entered your room.

You were sitting at the edge of your bed. Silently crying.

I knelt down infront of you and held your hand.

"You should stop crying. Mamaya para ng kinagat ng bee yang mata mo." I wiped her tears with my thumb.

You chuckled. "Sorry, can't help it. I just can't believe that we're over. Just like that. Maybe he didn't really loved me."

"Did he made you feel like that? That he didn't love you?"

"No. He never once made me feel that way." You smiled sadly as you remember him.

I looked at you and I realize that you don't deserve to have such smile.

I squeezed your hand and you looked back at me. I stared at your brown eyes. "I love you." I muttered.

Again, you smiled but it's not enough. "I love you too."

I chuckled to myself. "Not as a friend though. I'm inlove with you. I've been loving for years now."

Shock reflected in your face. "A-Alex, I-I . ."

I cut you off. "Shh. You don't have to say anything. I'm just letting you know."

I stood up and walked towards the door. "We need to go now or you'll be late. I'll wait outside. Meet me there in 5." I said as I stepped outside.

I made a call while waiting.

And just I ended it, you came out from your room with your luggage.

I grabbed it. "Your grab driver will arrive in 5 downstairs. Let's go." I walked.

"Wait, you're not coming with me?" She said as she catch up with me.

I stopped by the elevator. "I left something but I'll catch up with you. I promise." I smiled to her.

Ting!

I saw your ride and walked you there.

"Is that Ash?" You asked and I turned my head to where you are looking.

"Yep, she's my ride."

"Alex, thank you for everything. You've been a good friend to me."

"You're welcome. Now, go. I'll meet you there." I turn around and was about to
walk when I suddenly stopped.

"Uh Gail?" I turn around again. Walked a few steps towards you and engulfed you in an embrace as tight as I could.

I looked at your face. "Everything will be alright. I'll make sure of that." I said and planted a kiss on your forehead. I let it linger for awhile then decided to let you go.

"I'll meet you there." I run to Ash and got inside her car. "Let's go."

We arrived within 10 minutes.

I quickly got out of the car and run towards the house. I open the door loudly.

"Alex? What are you doing here?" He asked.

I run towards him and . . . .

PAK!

I punched him and he fell down at the sudden impact.

"That's for making her cry."

I picked him up and punch him again. "That's for your brain. So you could think straight."

I looked around and saw his jacket. I picked it up and throw it to him.

"Now, get up. We have a girl to catch."

But he didn't bulged. He was just sitting at the floor looking so helpless.

I walked towards him and grabbed his collars and picked him up again.

"Listen to me, Raf. This is your last chance. If you let her leave without patching things up. I'll do everything in my power to make her stay away from you. You will never see her again."

I looked at him dead in the eye. And I saw sadness and fear flashed through.

"I-I don't want to lose her."

I let go of him. "Then get your sh*t together and let's go."

We made it into the airport 10 minutes before her departure.

Ash parked the car not so far from where you are.

I got out and instantly spotted you. You were near at the entrance, patiently waiting.

"There she is."

"Thanks, Alex. I'm sorry for hurting her."

I nodded. "Go now. She's waiting."

He ran towards you.

I return my gaze to Ash. "Thanks, Ash. I'll take it from here."

"Wala yun. Hindi ka man lang ba lalapit sa kanya?"

I looked back to you and I can clearly see how happy you are.

And from there, I knew I did the right thing.

To make you smile for the last time.

"Nah. She got everything she needs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minsan kahit gaano mo pa kamahal ang isang tao, hindi pa rin ikaw ang makakapagpasaya sa kanya.

Thank you for reading!