Weekends

Yuri knocked on the door three times. She heard faint sounds of shuffling inside. A few seconds later, the door opened and revealed a gloomy Lauren.

"You okay? You don't look so good." asked Yuri.

Lauren let the woman inside and answered, "A little under the weather, I guess."

Yuri stopped on her tracks and put the bags of groceries she's holding on the floor. Moves closer to the other woman and checked her body temp by placing her hand on the latter's forehead.

"You don't seem to have a fever. Maybe you're tired. Get some rest, I'll prepare food." she told her. Lauren nodded and went inside her room.

Once Yuri is finished in preparing their meal, she went to Lauren.

She found the latter in her workstation doing something on her laptop.

"I told you to rest." Yuri said.

Lauren faced her, "Yeah but I have a lot of things to do."

Yuri sighed then moved close to her. She placed her hand on her shoulder quite near to her neck.

"Fine, let's ea---- wait," she moved up her hand to her forehead, "You're burning up!"

Yuri quickly searched for the thermometer in her room. Once found she put it in her armpit.

"Get up and lie on the bed." she instructed.

Lauren tried to protest but Yuri won't allow it.

"No, you're going to rest right now. No work for you until you get better." Yuri assisted her.

"I'll grab your food and meds, alright?" Yuri said and once she was about to go outside her room, "And don't you dare get your hands on your laptop. I'll be quick."

Yuri made sure that she ate just the right amount of food then made her drink her meds. They talked for a little while until Lauren fell asleep.

Yuri kissed her head and made sure she's sleeping comfortable before leaving her.

Hours later, Lauren has woken up feeling a little hot. She checked the time on her bedside table and it's already 5 PM.

She got up and put on some fresh new clothes. Then, she came to her laptop and wake it up as well. She found a sticky note on her desktop screen.

It says, "Hey, I know you'll check your lappy right after you wake up hahaha. I kind of finished your presentation so please check if what I did is okay :))."

Lauren did what she was told, "Hmm not bad." she smiled to herself. "I should call her."

With that, she got outside of her room. Darkness welcomed her in here living room. She switched on lights.

"Or not." Lauren said then proceeded to her couch where a very familiar woman is sleeping.

She sat at the edge of the couch and gently wake her, "Yuri, wake up."

"Hmm." Yuri mumbled and and slowly opened her eyes. When she saw Lauren, she jolted up. "Hey, do you need anything? How are you feeling?"

Lauren giggled, "I'm feeling a little bit better. But, why are you still here though? You'll get home late."

Yuri put her palm in her face and felt relieved, "Okay, you're temperature is not as high as compared earlier." she lied again on the couch, "And to answer your question, I cleared my schedule. You have me for the whole weekend."

This delighted Lauren, "Really?"

"Hmm and with that being said, let's sleep some more." Yuri then gently pulled her down, placed her head in her arm and the other was in Lauren's tummy, back hugging her.

Once settled in, Lauren asked, "How did you finished my presentation?"

"Hmm, I asked one of your colleagues. Did I do it correctly?" Yuri answered in a sleepy voice.

"It's decent." the other woman answered with a grin on her face.

Yuri giggled then kissed her head, "Hmm, I can live with that."

"Thank you." Lauren told her.

"Come and hug me then." Yuri responded.

Lauren turn around and placed her arms in Yuri's wait and pulled her closer. Lauren's head was on the latter's chest where she could hear every beat of her heart.

It was the best lullaby for her.