Gift Giving

"You have to make sure that the ribbon...."

I paused the video for a moment to try the steps on my own. I'm watching a tutorial on how to wrap a gift properly.

Jill's birthday is tomorrow and I'm preparing my gift for her. Now, I usually give her gifts even without special occassion. Sometimes when something made me remind of her, I'll give it to her.

This time, I want to give her something I made. I'm not crafty person but I can write. I wrote motivational quotes, reasons why I love her, pick up lines, simple words that can put a smile on her face.

I honestly don't know how many I made. I just kept writing and put them all in a jar. That, and of course, three pieces of her favorite dark chocolate.

After wrapping it up, I made some space in my living room. I also prepared a simple dance for her. Have I told you that she's a dance teacher? Definitely not a dancer but I know some moves.

Practice makes perfect!

I called some of her friends at work to tell them my plans. Fortunately, she'll have free time between 9:30am until 10:30am. And that's my cue.

When morning came, I greeted her via text. Knowing her schedule, she'll be at the school by 8:00am. With some spare time, I have gone through all the preparations.

I arrived at the school by 9:00am. 30 mins later, I received a call from one of her friends and told me that her class just ended. With that, I took a deep breath before coming out of the restroom. I'm quite lucky that no one is around the hallway.

I arrived at the dance studio. I took a peek and saw her and her friends talking. They must have greeted her. I took another deep breath before stepping inside.

This is it!

I walked into the middle of the room. Her back was facing mine while her friends saw me and they went silent. My heart started beating like crazy. She turned slowly, probably wondering what's behind her.

She stared at me from head to toe. Blinked a few times. She was about to open her mouth when Worth It by Fifth Harmony started playing. Her friends already left her and disappeared.

And that was my cue. I began to dance according to what I have practice. She smiled and was trying to hold her laughter while I'm sweating like a waterfall inside.

It was just a short dance and when it ended, her friends came back with a cake and sang her a song.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy bithday dear Jill. Happy birthday to you!!!!"

Another cue for me to get my gift that I left just outside her door. As I went back, she blew her candles and thanked her friends for the surprise.

"You should thank Jolibee too." one of her friends told her.

And then, she turned to me again. I handed her the paper bag with my gift inside. She took a peek and I took off my head gear at the same time.

As she looked up to me, "Hi..."

She finally let out her laugh, "Hello! Sweaty are we?" she got her hanky and wiped my face.

"Yeah, it was really hot inside." I said.

"Why Jolibee?" she asked.

"Kasi bida ang saya." I answered smiling and looked at her straight in the eyes, "Happy birthday."

"Thank you. I now know that a stick can dance." she teased and gently pinched my nose.

"Bad teacher!" I joked, "A for effort though, yeah?"

"Hmm, not bad." she agreed.

After that, we joined her friends and started eating the food they prepared for this day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gusto ko ring magsuot ng Jolibee or dinosaur costume hahahahaha.

Thank you for reading!