I Remember but Then Forget

Time skip about two months 

President Snow POV

        Everything has been going fine in my plan, but it has been taking way longer than I had ever expected only because the girl on fire was an inferno that didn't want to burn out. I look down at the girl laying down on the floor beneath my feet calmly sleeping, not for long.

        "Wake up you miserable pile of fleas!" I scream at her while kicking her in the ribs causing her to wheeze in response. I grab by her hair and lift her up in the process also giving her a nice kick in the ribs. 

        "Please, Peeta stop this please. I beg of you, you said you loved me once can't you love me again. I know I broke your heart I am sorry for that but please stop this. Stop hurting me, stop hurting everyone please." She tells me looking into my eyes pleading for forgiveness. As you can see my whole plan is to think that I am Peeta so that every time I hurt her it is him that is slowly killing her in her mind. In her mind President Snow changed into the good guy and when he "died" Peeta became evil with power. All see knows about her family is that they are held captive in District 13 but they are safe and well. "Peeta" tortures her to compensate her for all those years of heartbreak of one sided love. She also believes that the war is still continuing, but this time against the wrath of Peeta. (If you are confused please message me from Wattpad or comment and I promise to answer them.)

        "No," I tell her as I bend down to her level and say, "and if you keep complaining your family shall get a call as well." She immediately shuts her mouth and braces herself for the torture. "Today little Mockingjay we have a test for you. You are going to go on an interview with Ceaser and try to persuade the rebels to put down there weapons."

        "One, we are the same age so you can't call me 'little' Mockingjay, and two what if I don't tell the rebels what you want me to Lover Boy."

        "Remember girl on fire I can have your family and District 13 incinerated with a snap of my fingers so if you don't do what you are told District 13 will be gone but this time forever." Clapping my hands I signal ten peacekeepers to grab her and drag her to the torture room. Why not some fun?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Lapse~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katniss POV

        I stand looking at my self in the full length mirror that lies in the dressing room. The dress I wear shows so much skin it scares me because everyone can see all of my scars. The dress I wear is a metal types of material that covers my chest and crosses across my chest and the bottom is slik black with a leg slit that goes up to my thigh. I continue to examine myself in the mirror and count my 24 ribs. My stylists did an amazing job with my makeup it highlights my black eyes and brought life back into my face. My hair is curled back with tiny sparkles lieing underneath my hair. This costume kind of reminds me of what I wore to the Tribute Parade for the Quell. Peeta and I...

        Peeta. My heartaches; when I first saw him after all that time I immediately went to go hug him but instead he tried to choke me and started screaming the most hurtful words at me calling me a slut and worthless. After that he has been physically and mentally abusing me this time making me hold the pain of one sided love. I saw the power keep going to his head causing me pain but even through the punches and the kicks I still love him. Yes, I know its stupid and cliche but I can't help from remember everything that we did in the past. The memories haunt me consistently and don't want to go away. I want to hate him but I can't. I promised myself one thing though even if he changes back to his old self I will not fall back into his arms like some lovesick puppy he has to earn his way back.

        "Ready Girl on Fire?" I hear Sebastian tell me as he grabs my arms and drags me to the stage where I see Ceaser getting finishing touches on his make up, when he sees me I can can see the shock written all over his face. Before he can say something I shooed into a chair bounded and a count down begins. 

        "Hello good people of the Capital, I am hear with the amazing Girl on Fire, Katniss Everdeen." Ceaser announces and the camera moves to me I give my fackest smile hoping that if the people I care about can't read through my facade.

        "Hi, Ceaser I feel honored to be here and thanks for the amazing introduction."

        "Your welcome, Katniss. Okay, lets get down to the questions shalll we. So Katniss how has the Capital been treating you?"

        "Ummm... okay I guess. The President and I have become very... close. So its better for me know than it was before." I answer uneasily hopefully not messing up.

        "Glad to hear it. Katniss how are you dealing coming out of two games? Do you get nightmares? Do you get flashbacks?"

        "Yeah I get horrible dreams of everyone I killed, of the innocent faces that died. I get dreams of Rue, Mags, Wiress, Cato, Clove, Thresh, Cashmere, Foxface, Marvel, Glimmer, Pee-Prim. I get flashbacks from the smallest little details." I say almost slipping that I have nightmare about Peeta because if he found out he would use it to his advantage. 

        "Miss. Everdeen now we are going to a more serious matter, the current war?" He questions.

        "Umm... I say that the rebels should put down there wea..." I say then stop and scream. My head feels as if it is about to explode. Memories start falling into place and everything becomes clear. It has been President Snow torturing me not Peeta, but I know if I am going to my message out I have to play my cards carefully. "Sorry about that I just had a flashback."

        "What about Miss. Everdeen?" Ceaser asks me with concern written over his face.

        "Of Peeta torturing or should I say President Snow. Listen District 13 I don't know how long I have before he shuts this down but you have to keep fighting don't stop no matter what happens to me. Peeta, I love you okay remember that even if I don't. You must fight, not for me but for your loved ones, the children you are protecting, avenge the deaths of all those children that were too young, too inoccent to die. District 13 I need you to know THIS IS NOT A DRILL Snow is sending bombs there soon if not now run and hide. Protect yourselves NOW! I love you guys." I say very quickly before I feel my head become fuzzy once again. Peacekeepers release me from my chair and I fall to the ground as they kick me and punch me. One even brings out the whip but before he whips me he whips the camera causing it to fall to the ground documenting all the pain that is happening. The whip is cast on to my back consistently and doesn't stop. I slowly inch closer to the camera before I punch it permanently breaking it. His foot heading towards my face  is the last thing I see before I fade into oblivion.

Author's note

       Okay I am evil. I am so glad you guys like this story and continue to read it. I want to try to clear up what happens in this chapter and in the two months gap. So basically Snow is hijacking Katniss but instead of her wanting to kill Peeta she believes that Peeta is an evil tyrant. President Snows goal is to use her love as a manipulation for her to believe she is helping Peeta for love but in reality she is helping Snow defeat Peeta. If this is still confusing please message me or comment. Also I want you guys to comment titles for this chapter because I am stuck.  Alright guys comment, recommend, add to your library, and vote because I promise you this is only the beginning of the story. Ciao!