SHE LOVES YOU

Peeta

        I wake up on a steel bed trying to remember what happened until it hit me like a brick. The Quell, the forcefield, District 13, and Katniss. I can't believe i let her slip away taken by the sinister hands of blood thirsty Snow. She could be dead and it would be my fault. You didn't save her. I could feel tears stinging my eyes threatening to spill over. No! If Katniss was here she wouldn't be crying she would be strong. I have to be strong for her, not anyone but her. 

        After staring at the wall for what seemed like eternity hear the door open. I see the little blond sweet girl i have come to know. Prim. She smiled but anyone could see it was forced. Her eyes were red as if she has been crying, which she probably has. Prim has grown up way to fast. She has seen way too much for her age she isn't the sweet little girl that we all know and loved. She understands what i am feeling we both loved Katniss more than anyone else. 

        "Hey how are you feeling?" Prim questioned.

        "As good as i can be right now. How are you holding up right now?"

        "Pretty well people are trying to comfort me but that isn't going to bring her back."

        "You know that i would trade places with her in a heartbeat right?"

        "Ofcourse I do, Peeta. But i think if you were there and she were here she would be having an emotional break down."

        "No she wouldn't  she would be fine. She wouldn't care about me."

        "Peeta is that what you really think?"

        "Yes. Why?"

        "You are an idiot! SHE LOVES YOU!! She has been looking out for you ever since the first games. She was ready to die for you. Do you know what she told Haymitch? SHE SAID SAVE PEETA NOT ME! SHE LOVES YOU!" With that she left me with my own thoughts. She loves you. The words replayed in my head over and over on a consistent loop. 

        I will get her back. I will save her. She is the fire i will keep alive even if it ends up burning me. I will do what ever it takes. 

Authors Note

 Hey it's me! Sorry i haven't been posting i got stuck. Please tell me if you like the story and maybe some suggestions you have it would really help. Thx!