Die or Obey?

Gale 

"I already have a plan and you are going to propose it to the rest at command or I am going to take this knife in my hand and cut your heart out." Beetee stares at me long and hard before he makes his decision. 

"I would rather die than help Snow so you and that s.o.b can go and die in a hole." He responds than spits in my face. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS! I have the gun! I have the power to shoot him and end his life yet he spits in my face. I calmly wipe the spit off my face before I wind my fist back and punch Beetee in the jaw knocking him out. 

As I begin to wheel him out Beetee's super computer begins to "Deep In the Meadow." I look to the screen to see "Haymitch" flashing across the screen. Not wanting to blow my cover I slap Beetee awake and tell him to answer the call. Crouching down under his wheelchair I place an arrow right under the flap making sure its tip touched his back. 

"Hello Haymitch, Boggs, and Cressida. Have you arrived in 2 yet? Do need me to run some more calculations or something?"Beetee asks taking my threat to heart as he talks to his associates. 

"Hello, Beetee, we are here to warn you about a threat. Gale was acting like he was hijacked but in reality he just wanted to stay behind so he could take down 13. To do that we believe he might come to you. Don't trust him. It doesn't matter what he tries to tell you don't listen." Haymitch tells Beetee.

"Thank you for the warning. But I have a question if Gale was faking the hijacking and he helped with the original plan doesn't that mean that Snow knows the plan?" Beetee questions trying to make a conversation I really don't have time for. I press the knife deeper in to Beetee's back causing to wince and groan as blood now seeps out of the cut.

"I am sorry Beetee but we can't tell you as of now just in case someone is listening. Are you okay, I saw you wince back there?" Haymitch asks with a calm tone.  Through the games and the rebellion he has kept a level head, everyone thought it was because he was drunk but even sober Haymitch is mellow and wise. That is an admirable trait that Katniss has to learn.

"Yeah, I am fine." On reflex he puts his hand on the knife. I yank his hand off the blade. Unfortunately I was not careful and the others on the screen noticed the other hand that is now coated with blood. 

"Gale, I know you are there. Take a step away from Beetee and drop your weapon. No one will get hurt." Boggs tells me. As if. I already know if I do step away I will be dead in a second. What good would a hostage do if I already wanted to die?

"Nice try, Boggs. We all know that at this point for Beetee it is die or obey. Even though our original plan might not have worked as we planned, this one won't fail. Say goodbye Beetee because this might be the last time you will see anyone besides the two of us. Goodbye, Haymitch, and do me a favor and tell Lover Boy that he can have that bit**." Haymitch gets all red in the face and I clearly see his fists clenched so tight that all you see is white. So much for that calm attitude. I take the mouse from Beetee and shut off the call. The screen turns black and in the reflection I see Beetee shaking in either anger or fear. I am hoping for the latter.  

"So what is it Beetee, die or obey?" 

"I would rather die than help your sorry behind. You can go and try to find another hostage because this one is not going to do ANYTHING for you. You choose the wrong side Hawthorne because it is only a matter of time before you and Snow die." He sneers in my face. I tried to give him a chance but he really doesn't want to take it. I clutch the hilt of my knife tighter and in one fluid movement I stab it in to his heart. I watch as his already pale skin becomes as white as a sheet of paper. The life drains out of his eyes. From defiant to weak to completely still.