Shotguns, Weddings, and the Journal

Katniss

Everyone says that a kiss when you are in love causes fireworks to go off. Well for me it was like I was getting shot all over. Yes, I heard the thunder but at the same time I felt the pain. I saw all the moments that I saw that last time I saw that pin. One thing was different this time though, I knew who these people were. I saw my father, I saw my mother sitting in that stupid chair, I saw Prim pale and starving, I saw Peeta getting hit by his mother and throwing a piece of bread, I saw Gale and I grow up together, I saw everyone that has ever made an impact in my life. I saw and felt all the pain I have ever felt in my meager 17 years. I break away from the kiss and I stare at Peeta's blue eyes. He looks dazed and shocked but after I say the next three words his face breaks into the biggest smile I have ever seen cross his face.

"I remember everything." He searches my face to see if I was joking, and when he sees I am not he gathers me in my arms and spins me around. He puts me down and then gives me a peck on the cheek when I collapse in to his arms.

"What happened? Are you okay? Of course your not you just collapsed in my arms. Do you need to go to the hospital? Can you stand?" Peeta asks quickly, hyperventilating as the words leave his mouth. I give him the signal with my hands to shut up for a minute so I can regain my sight without him taking my ear off. When I open my eyes the first thing I see is his blue eyes an inch away from my face. Without a warning I scream and pull away, the shock of a face less than inch away from you can be scary. Damn you karma, trying to get back at me for the stunt I pulled on Finnick in the Quell.

"I am fine its just with the memories came the memory of all the pain. You know how you are suppose to put mind over matter for me, it was harder to put matter over the mind. I am good now." Without a moments hesitation I wind my arm back and smack Peeta as hard as i can.

"What the heck was that for?" He questions while clutching his red cheek.

"That was for your idiotic conclusion that I would be better off without you. That is not true if you didn't know I thought of you everyday while I was in the Capital. I LOVE YOU! Not Gale, no one besides you. I am hopelessly devoted to you. Even when I didn't know who you were I still knew I loved you, and I will continue to love you. As I said before you aren't worthless, you are worth the world. I am here and I am not going to leave you." I lean in and kiss him one last time before I drag both of us to see my family for the first time in a really long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still Katniss (I am really sorry about all the time skips recently, but I want to get the basic story done then maybe after I finish I will go back and write bonus short stories if you want them)

In my opinion a wedding is more stressful than having to give a speech in front of a whole entire district. This past week and a half have been busy yet dreadful. In command meetings Snow's proposal is the only thing we have been able to discuss. Half the people want me to just sacrifice myself for the people of District 10, but the other half won't even let me have a word in edge wise because they believe that I am too big of an asset to waste, and the Snow is just bluffing. My family has been very sweet, but yet very annoying. They are so keen on making sure I don't leave and go sacrifice myself, they have started something called "Katniss Watch" which basically means they take shifts making sure I don't run away to the Capital.

Back to the wedding, about six days ago two things happened. One, Finnick and Annie announced that their wedding was taking place in a week (so tomorrow). Two, that I was their babies godmother and Annie's maid of honor. To say I was shocked was to say the least. I stood there staring at the couple with my mouth dropped and drool coming down. After I regained my composer I thanked the couple and accepted not knowing how hard being a maid of honor could be. They apparently are in charge of making sure everything goes smoothly along side the best man, who just happens to be Peeta. These past six days have basically been me running all over the District with Peeta getting all the materials that were needed and ordering others to go to other districts to get the stuff not available in the 13. You may think that we are idiots for going all out for this wedding, but in reality it for all of us provides a much needed diversion from life's problems.