The Battle I Have Come to Regret

Peeta

I stare at the ground as we travel to District 11. She will be there and the worst part is, that she it is not even her. No one knows what happened to her or what Snow did to her, all we know is the grey-eyed seam girl we once knew was gone and now there was a merciless purple-eyed capital solider. The last two hours were one of the worst. Everyone kept coming up to me and giving me there pity and some were even trying to convince me to not fight at all, but everyone knew it was going to happen soon, everyone knew we were going to be the ones to fight. Through the Games I had a sense of hope that Katniss and I would make it through, even through the Quell, but now there is nothing, no hope.

People around me begin to shuffle as the pilot tells everyone we are about to land soon. I stare into the eyes of my mentor as he attaches his ear piece. If anyone one person would feel the pain I feel in my chest I would have to say Haymitch because unlike Gale and Prim we meet her when there was no hope and we grew with her while there was no hope, but now we both know there is nothing we can do. Grabbing my spear, I walk out the door only to see the girl that I didn't want to see, Katniss Everdeen.

Hahahaha I am sooo mean that I am going to end the chapter right there leaving you guys on your toes so eager for an update. I hope you guys like this story a lot because it is here to stay. Alright guys comment, recommend, add to your library, and vote because I promise you this is only the beginning. Ciao!

Just Kidding!

Katniss

I stare at the blond boy in front of me who has an emotionless expression on his face. So he is the one with the words, the motivation for the rebels, the one who I am supposed to kill. I take a minute to size him up. He has a nice build, ashy blond hair, and amazing sparkling blue eyes. His eyes are like a blue rose shining in the sunlight as it slowly blooms. Next to him I see an old man with blond hair that looks like he had too much alcohol and to the right of him I see another boy that looks the same age as the Phoenix except with dark hair and grey seam eyes. I don't have time to observe the rest because Mr. Leader comes up to me and asks why I wanted to see him.

"I actually don't want to see your disgusting face but I don't have a choice because my boss wants me to ki... I mean meet you." I reply back with a smirk on my lips and a glare in my eyes. We hold a gaze for a long time, I almost want to lose myself in those endless blue pits, but then he abruptly turns and shoots a panic look to the old man next to him, that only I was able to catch.

The old man steps forward and says, "So you want a fight?"

"I never said that old man."

"Then what do you want, sweetheart?" With that a sharp pain hits my skull and I lose my balance for a second causing me to almost fall, but I catch myself. I curse myself for showing weakness then straighten myself.

"I only want to fight with Peeta, me against him, no one else. If I win then Peeta has to come back with us, but if he wins any of you guys can kill me there on the spot or take me back with you and District 11 will be spared. No one else can interfere in the fight. All peacekeepers are going to be sent back all besides one pilot and one mini hovercraft so if I win we can go back in peace. You may all stay but you have to stand in a circle about twenty feet away from us. Do you agree?"

This time Peeta steps forward before anyone else and asks, "How will we know when to stop the fight?"

"When the other can't get their opponent off of them in a position where they could easily be killed. For example, if you trap my arms with your legs and I am unable to move while you put a knife over my heart. Oh did I mention the only weapons we are allowed to use are knives? Nope, sorry, but those are the rules do you oblige?"