Chapter Fifty

Christmas day was a little hectic. Daria's family had come back to La Push for the holiday. Instead of them finding a hotel or bed and breakfast, Sam insisted they would stay at the pack house, which was a task on it's own. They had three bedrooms, other than their own, but one of them was the nursery. Dom and Letty had their own room, Brian and Mia had their own room, but Tej and Roman were given air mattresses in Nymphadora's nursery.

       Paul, Jared, Embry, and Quil slept in the living room; Paul claiming the couch before anyone else could, so the other three had to make beds on the floor. Jacob, Seth, and Leah slept in their own homes, since that was where they normally stayed anyhow. The sleeping arrangements were a little bizarre, and food went faster, but Daria was actually quite happy with seeing her whole family.

         Anyhow, Daria made an early breakfast for everyone with Mia and Kim's help. Letty wasn't much of a cook, so the girls didn't see a point in her being in the kitchen with them. The girls made pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, and fruit. After breakfast they'd have to start on Christmas dinner, so they didn't want to make too much breakfast. Tej and Roman were going to help Sam barbeque, even though Sam said he didn't need help.

       Watching her family and the pack interact was funny at times. Most of the time, the two families would knock heads because her family was all about helping and being a part of everything, whilst the pack was use to working with each other and nobody else. For the sake of Daria and Nymphadora though, the pack learned quickly how to work well with the girls' family. The pack also had to get use to praying before meals, but it wasn't too hard to learn once they seen how Dom worked everything.

       After breakfast, the girls quickly cleaned up so they could start on presents. Daria's family had brought a lot of gifts, which Daria knew was going to happen. Most of the gifts were for Nymphadora, as well as Daria, but they had also bought gifts for everyone in the pack, including Kim, though they didn't know her well. Daria loved how well her family included others, even if it was only for the sake of Daria and Nymphadora.

        Once they had passed out their gifts to everyone, Daria began to pass out gifts from under the tree. She first started with gifts from Santa to Nymphadora. Nymphadora didn't fully understand Santa, but she loved the gifts. She especially loved her extra large, bursting at the seams, stocking full of candy. Daria had given Paul an evil look when  she had seen the stocking, but he just smiled innocently and shrugged his shoulders.

        After the santa gifts, Daria passed out the rest of them. Paul helped her, meaning he placed all of her own gifts next to her, so she wouldn't be placing her own gifts in a pile. They watched Nymphadora open her gifts first, before Daria grinned and passed Sam a gift bag.

"This is a gift for you and Nymphadora to share." Daria said, as Kim grinned mischievously as well.

"And these are for all of you to open at the same time." Kim added, as she passed out small boxes to the entire pack, Daria, Nymphadora, and herself.

      Daria gave her a confused look, but opened her gift nonetheless with everyone else. She laughed when  she seen what was on the shirt.

          She knew her family didn't know what the shirt actually meant, but she hoped one day they would

          She knew her family didn't know what the shirt actually meant, but she hoped one day they would. For now they would just believe it was an inside joke or something Kim had thought up. Once those shirts were open, Sam opened the gift for himself and Nymphadora. Everyone smiled when they seen the shirts Sam pulled out of the bag.

"Put it on, Sam!" Paul exclaimed, as the others laughed lightly

"When we're done, Nymphadora and I will go change." Sam replied, though he seemed a little reluctant.

         Everyone finished opening their gifts, which they were all thankful for. Sam had gotten Daria a beautiful necklace, which he admitted that Mia and Kim had helped him pick it out a couple days prior to Christmas. Nevertheless, Daria adored the necklace and couldn't stop smiling while she held it in her hands.

       After everyone was done, they all headed into their rooms to change. Daria had brought Nymphadora with her and Sam, since she had placed everything Nymphadora needed on their bed earlier that morning. Daria kept a grin on her face when she seen how cute Nymphadora and Sam were with their matching shirts. Everyone else smiled when they seen it as well, especially since Sam didn't seem like the type of person to participate in such activities.

"We're going to fire up the grill. You and the others can start on food in here." Sam stated, as he headed outside.

      Nymphadora followed him around, which meant he pretty much had her attached to his side the entire time he was outside or trying to walk away from her for a second. Once Paul had realized Nymphadora was following Sam around like a puppy, he picked her up and carried her around. She loved taste testing the food, even if it was only random things like barbecue sauce or cake icing.

      Dom and Brian had gotten to the task of seasoning the meat, while Letty and Leah had agreed to putting together Nymphadora's toys. Everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun, even though most people would believe that Christmas was the most stressful day of them all. Daria loved Christmas, since it was a time to see her family and cherish the moments she had with them.

        Speaking of family, she had recieved a gift from Han, as did Nymphadora. Han had sent her a few new shirts and a pair of shoes, and he sent Nymphadora a small motorized car that looked exactly like the one he had in Tokyo. He had sent a picture for comparison. Apparently he wanted Nymphadora to learn how to drift at a very young age. Daria hoped the next Christmas she'd be able to see Han instead of only writing to him...

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. There'll be one more chapter on Christmas, which will have some drama. I will try to post it today, but I can't make any promises.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx