𝓅𝓇ℴ𝓁ℴℊ𝓊ℯ

His expressions stayed still as he stared back at his best friend who was speaking the words of consolation

His expressions stayed still as he stared back at his best friend who was speaking the words of consolation. The mirror that was kept on the side of the room reflected two different stories. One was of a groom who was ready in his sherwani and sehra for the biggest day of his life today and the other was the boy who was shattered by the betrayal he got from his fiancee. "She won't come?" He asked with a shaky voice and got his friend to nod again.

His shaky and moist gaze looked around the room that was decorated beautifully for the first night of his togetherness with the girl he dreamt of forever. "So what I saw and felt all these years was just a lie," he said as he gritted his teeth and moved his hand rapidly to his head as he took his turban out and threw it on one side. The sadness was turning into a fury but the tears in his eyes were still the same while reminding him of the betrayal. He was shaking in anger by now. How can she do that to him? They were together for the past six years and she just left? Why did she show him that she loved him when she never felt anything? He gritted his teeth when she walked inside the room and closed it behind.

He looked at her with fury. She knew what might be coming next. She braced herself for the wrath even when nothing was her fault. She just happened to be close with his bride. His legs moved rapidly and held her arms as he pushed her back and pinned her against the wall. She winced in pain as his fingers buried in her soft arms. Her thunderous glare cut through him and she shoved his hands away from her without wasting any further moment.

"Don't think rash, Krishiv," she said through a glare. "They didn't just betray you but they are thinking of running away with everything. The dream we all saw together. They are going to snatch it away from us and this was just the first step," she said. Her words stabbed his heart and he felt his eyes moist again. His heart was already bleeding.

"I don't care about that freaking business," he raised his voice but she sighed rather calmly. She knew they needed to think through this carefully and one wrong move can destroy their years-long hard work. She refused to let those two cheaters get away just like that. She refused to give away everything to them that easily. She knew how to be calm in any situation.

"Krishiv," she called again when his broken self took a few steps back. He shook his head rapidly in disbelief. "She can't do that," he said in a broken voice while holding his head in his hands.

Aaradhya sighed further as she walked up to him and made him face her by holding his arms tightly. "Will you just let her snatch everything from you? You are letting her win this way," she said. His red eyes moved to her and he gritted his teeth. "Then? What should I do? Run behind both of them and murder them?" He shouted at her. She took a deep breath and shook her head calmly yet again.

"No, but don't accept your defeat. Fine, you loved her and you still do but it's the truth that she cheated on you for another man. So, will you let go of that one dream just because of that girl who doesn't care? I don't understand why would anyone destroy their life for just one person who doesn't matter? Why do people put someone else before you? It's wrong. Don't do that," She asked again while feeling rage within her. She felt betrayed too because she was stabbed in back by her best friend as well but she refused to let her take control.

He moved his gaze down while not able to answer her question. He was in no state to speak anything ahead. Her words were like a poison that was killing him further. They were going straight through his heart while shattering him further. He was in pain and no one was there to listen to him.

"Why are you here anyway? Aren't you her best friend?" Ved, his best friend for years spoke finally. Aaradhya took a deep breath and faced him again. She pressed a smile. "I care," she said while looking back at Krishiv who was staring at her with confusion.

She pressed another smile at him and nodded. "Because I can't trust a traitor. She was wrong and she needs to understand this," she said and her gaze went to his messed hairs. She moved her hand through his soft curls and adjusted them neatly before looking at him again.

"I have a solution to this and I have thought through this. I won't let them go away," she said through gritted teeth and looked at him again to meet his blank moist eyes. She took a deep breath before speaking again. "Marry me, Krishiv, we will stop them from taking this dream away from us," she said in a low voice while he stayed stunned to hear those words from her mouth.

---------------------------------

That was the prologue. Let me know what you think about this one. I'm excited to start this new journey. How about you?

What did you think of Krishiv and Aaradhya from this prologue?

I'll start with chapters soon enough. ^_^ Till then, bye-bye. ❤️

 ❤️