𝒻𝒾𝓋ℯ

Decked in a white denim skirt with a crop top and pairing the clothes with a pair of canvas shoes, Aaradhya walked back and forth on the train station while waiting for Harleen and June

Decked in a white denim skirt with a crop top and pairing the clothes with a pair of canvas shoes, Aaradhya walked back and forth on the train station while waiting for Harleen and June. Krishiv was resting on a bench nearby with the laptop on his lap as he went through the profiles Aaradhya sent. He had to review them and select the final candidates to fill the post of the market head for them. They needed to beat Yuvraj and Niharika at any cost.

"I will be happiest if those two ditch us," Aaradhya spoke finally while coming near Krishiv and getting seated beside him. He nodded blankly while paying just half attention to her. "That girl gets on my nerves," she murmured again.

"Then we need to get back and book another car so we can go ahead," He murmured while still having most of his attention on the profiles as he read their resumes. Aaradhya rolled her eyes. "Yes, Prince won't travel without his car," She said and he finally looked at her with a glare. She pressed a smile at him and he sighed while shaking his head slightly.

"It's better to travel in a car with luggage that you have. A separate bag for boots, sneakers, sandals, make-up kit, thousands of clothes, jackets, shrugs, coats, shades, straightener, hairdryer and whatnot," he said with annoyance. Aaradhya kept looking at him with an unpleasant glare and he shrugged again. "The princess has so much stuff that what can a poor Prince will do?" He said and she scoffed.

"Please, it's nothing. If you can handle Niharika's baggage then my bags are too little," she shouted and hit him on arm in anger. Krishiv glared at her again. "She always travelled in a car," he said and shrugged. Aaradhya gritted her teeth and looked aside while feeling annoyed with his remarks. She folded her hands over her chest and refrained from talking anything ahead.

Krishiv got back to his work as he kept scrolling through the profiles and selected the ones those interested him. "Those are overall 20 or something and I have shortlisted 12," he said and got no reply. "Aaradhya," he called again while looking up at her but she chose to ignore him while still feeling irritated with him. He sighed deeply.

"Alright, I am sorry," he said and added, "Can you just check through these?" Still, he got treated with silence. "Aaradhya yaar," he asked again with a slight annoyance at her behaviour. He was joking and she knew it too.

"I said sorry," he said again and she finally thought of moving her head in his direction. She had fury still visible on her face as she looked at his confused face. "I like travelling in train more than the car," she said and added, "Niharika always preferred living her life like she was a born queen. Her lifestyle shows that and that's why people always preferred her. I was just a shadow that lurked around her." Krishiv just shook his head gently while feeling bad about what she said earlier.

His intentions weren't to hurt her but he unknowingly did so. He moved his gaze to the laptop screen as he couldn't look into her eyes. Her eyes held anger and irritation. She moved them away while staring at the train station.