𝓈𝒾𝓍𝓉ℯℯ𝓃

Mihika's eyes stayed still on the ceiling

Mihika's eyes stayed still on the ceiling. The noise from around was audible in their room. The street was buzzing and even in that she could hear him talking in distance over a call. It was from Tara again and lately, that was making her feel even more irritated. She gulped and twisted in the bed while looking at the other side and trying to ignore the talks but she still could hear him laugh. She closed her eyes shut and pulled a cushion over her head. It was her desperate attempt to close herself from the outer world but even that barely worked. She sighed and got up in her seat as she threw the cushion down on the floor in frustration.

She moved into the bed and got out of it. Without wasting another moment she walked towards the balcony of the room and walked beside him. His lips still held a small smile. He looked at her and the smile vanished as soon. It made her laugh at her state. She pulled the mobile off his ear and pressed on hers. "Tara," she called out chirpily. "Hey, there. How have you been?" she asked and Mihika laughed adamantly.

"You never call me," she said and there was a silence that surrounded the line. Mihika made a face and looked at Ayush who looked slightly annoyed. "Or do you just like talking with my husband?" she asked again and Ayush gritted his teeth. Tara chuckled slightly.

"That's not the case but most of my work is with your husband as I am his personal assistance," she said and Mihika laughed. "Right, right. My bad. I am sorry," she said and the smile on her face vanished as she looked at Ayush. 

"What is this work that you call him daily? If we were flooded with that much work then why do we need to snatch anything from my brother? We can work without Krishiv as well," she said and made a dramatic face. "I wonder why do we need help from others? We are anyway buzzing a lot it seems," she chuckled arrogantly and Ayush lost his cool.

"Mihika, behave," he said through gritted teeth and Mihika raised her eyebrows while still smiling. "What did I do wrong?" she asked and shrugged before speaking again, "I am asking her a simple question that caught my mind. It's true, right?" Ayush looked irritated.

She looked outside in the dark again and watched the clock on mobile to see the time. "It's around 9.30 in the night here, Tara," she said and crooked her eyebrows as she spoke again, "It must be..." She started counting something on her fingers.

"It must be around 1 am there. Am I right?" she asked as the smile vanished from her face completely. "Yes, I thought you guys might be busy the whole day while looking around the places. So, I called now," Tara said and Mihika started laughing again.

"How considerate of you. We weren't in some meeting that he couldn't have been able to answer your calls in a day time," She said again while wiping her smile again and added with fury visible in her voice, "Don't you have some manners at least when you should call and who?" Tara was silent while not knowing what to speak ahead.

"Mihika, I asked her to call me," Ayush said while snatching the phone again from Mihika and she raised her eyebrows. "Really? You always had problems when I got some late-night calls. It seems to be fine when it's related to you," she said and folded her hands over her chest.