𝓉ℯ𝓃

The evening came along with a partly cloudy sky

The evening came along with a partly cloudy sky. The pleasant breeze kept passing by while scratching the bare skins and shivers ran down through Mihika's body. She looked at Ayush who was engrossed in his mobile screen and sighed deeply. Adjusting her hair slightly from shoulders to back she looked around the place to see if she finds anything interesting to take along with her at home that she can keep in her collection. She always had this hobby of collecting some artifacts from the places that she visited as a token. Her brown eyes roamed the shopping place but there was nothing that could grab her attention.

Feeling defeated she looked back at Ayush again. "Will you bother to put your head out of that mobile screen for once?" she asked and didn't get any reply. She moved her gaze away while feeling lonely even in the crowd of people. It has been the same since they were shown a way out of the business. He never blamed her for whatever happened but she still felt like he was getting away. Maybe it was just her mind but she didn't feel the same love or same bonding between them anymore. His whole time went while planning to get against Yuvraj who happened to be her older brother. She felt disturbed with everything that had happened or that was happening but she couldn't even talk about it to anyone.

The feeling of loneliness was getting more and more of her as every day was passing by. A fear would grab her while thinking what might happen today and if Ayush will hurt Yuvraj in any way. Sure she had her grudges against Yuvraj but he was still her brother who at one point in time was her best friend. She cared for Yuvraj as much as she cared for Ayush and choosing between them was something she would never do. She looked at Ayush again when she heard him curse in a low voice. He was looking pissed by now. "What's wrong?" she asked in a plain voice while being half-interested in his talk because she knew where it will be leading to and she was tired of talking about the same topic for months now.

"Your dear brother managed to get on my nerves again," he said and chuckled before moving his gaze back to the mobile screen. As expected he started bickering about Yuvraj and Mihika stayed quiet while expecting the very thing already. The words of humiliation he chose for her brother made her blood boil but she knew she was in no place to speak as Yuvraj was at fault. She sighed deeply and stopped in her place while facing Ayush. He moved to look back at her. "I don't mind you being frustrated about him as what he did was wrong and not acceptable but choose your words well, Ayush," she said in a plain voice and added again, "He is still my brother."

Ayush chuckled sarcastically and nodded. "Yeah! Yeah! And that's why he kicked his dearest little sister out of the company," he said again. Mihika gritted her teeth as a lump kept forming in her throat. "He might have had his reasons," she said while breaking a little by now. Ayush sighed while looking at her hopelessly.

"Open your eyes, Mihika, that might help you in a better way. I stayed with you when he left you to rot in hell," he said and chuckled before adding ahead, "He didn't leave his Niharika and you are still taking his side by going against me. Learn something good from him." Mihika's gaze moved down as tears slid down from her eyes. Ayush's mobile started ringing again and he checked the caller ID.