𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 ℴ𝓃ℯ

June peeked through the half-open door of Harleen's room and found her sitting in the far corner of her room

June peeked through the half-open door of Harleen's room and found her sitting in the far corner of her room. She was in deep thought and seeing her in this state was hurting her. She sighed and knocked on the door to get Harleen's attention. She moved her head back at the door and looked away again without answering. June smiled and walked inside the room.

"The date is off next weekend," June said while watching Harleen. She for seated on the bed. Harleen was still looking outside while seating on her chair and unbothered by June's presence.

"You are spending too much time here. What happened to Kabir?" she asked further. June smiled and shook her head negatively. "Kabir is gone," she said while throwing her hands into the air and smiling stupidly. Harleen crooked her eyebrows and looked back at her in confusion.

"Where?" she asked. June chuckled and shrugged. "I said no," she said again.

"Why?" Harleen asked as she moved in her seat to face June again. June sighed and shook her head further. "I don't think I was interested. He is a nice guy but I thought I was playing with him. So I let him go," she said again. Harleen kept watching her while not understanding what did she feel about the whole situation.

"Are you fine? Why didn't you tell me this?" she asked further. June chuckled. "Relax, girl. You were already going through a lot and then it didn't matter much. I am fine. So don't worry about anything," she said and gave an assuring smile. Harleen sighed and nodded as she looked away again with the same thoughtful face. June kept watching her for some time.

"Are you happy with this?" June asked without moving her gaze away from Harleen. Harleen watched her again and chuckled sadly. "Do you think?" she asked. June shrugged.

"No one is forcing you. I mean..." June said and stopped when Harleen raised her eyebrows at her. "I mean yes your family is a bit overenthusiastic but they would want your happiness first. Arjun has already told you his views about this whole thing," June said in an understanding voice. Harleen sighed and nodded.

"I am not able to decide," she said in a low voice. "You know as the date is coming closer I feel like everything is slipping away and something very important is getting left behind. But I don't know what," she said and looked at June. She was just watching her back. June just smiled lightly and nodded.

"I hope you will figure out, Harry," she said in a low voice. Harleen watched her back and kept her gaze on June's face for a moment. She was still struggling to understand her emotions. "Can I ask you something?" She asked. June raised her eyebrows at her. Harleen sighed a little.

"How do you know if you like someone? I mean... You know we usually go for opposite gender things and think that we are straight because that was expected from us right from our birth. People don't give us time to understand what we feel maybe," Harleen said and stopped briefly. June kept watching her for a few moments.