𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎 ℴ𝓃ℯ

The weekend came again with sprinkling rain and it irritated Aaradhya to the core as she stared at the falling drops from the window of her room

The weekend came again with sprinkling rain and it irritated Aaradhya to the core as she stared at the falling drops from the window of her room. She pushed the curtains while making the room darker and walked back to her bed. The laptop was laid on there with the mail from Yuvraj open in it. She pulled the laptop towards her while getting seated on the bed and stared blankly at the laptop screen. The offer was luring and their words seemed genuine but she had learned from the past and have gotten clever enough to not fall for those sweet words. Tons of messages from Niharika were laid in her inbox but she was in no mood to open any of them.

She pushed the laptop away and laid beside it on the bed while her eyes stayed glued to the screen. She sighed while reading those words again and again. She was clear about what she had to do but her mind kept drifting to her two friends who maybe never considered her friend ever. "I shouldn't think about them," she murmured and moved the mouse pointer to close the window.

"What you shouldn't think about?" she jerked with the sudden realization that Krishiv was in the room. She flapped the laptop screen close and looked at him who walked inside the room with a questioning face. She shook her head while getting up on her place to sit straight. "Nothing you should be concerned about," She murmured and moved her hair in the back of her ear.

Krishiv moved his gaze to the other side of the room and looked back at Aaradhya again. "Why are you sitting in dark?" he asked and walked towards the balcony as he slid curtains while brightening the room again. Aaradhya blinked her eyes to the sudden brightness and looked on the opposite side of the light. "Aren't you getting ready? Your parents are coming," he said again and she sighed.

"I was but then I saw this rain and my mood was ruined," she said while looking at the balcony again. "I was dreaming of having that brunch in the garden but seems like we have to settle inside again," she said and slid out of the bed. Krishiv smiled and nodded. "I guess," he murmured and looked at her laptop again that she closed in hurry after seeing him. He did notice that but didn't bring that topic up. Aaradhya walked past him to look out from the balcony and looked up in the sky.

It was clouded with dark skies and reflected their mind somehow. She sighed tiredly. "This won't go away anytime soon," she murmured and gasped lightly when Krishiv wrapped his arms around her from the back. He kept his chin on her shoulder and looked out. His beard scratched on her bare shoulders and tickled with her skin gently. She stayed still while not knowing what to do. She couldn't go close to him, neither she was able to push him away.

She found herself stuck in the middle and her mind laughed at her heart. It was being foolish yet again. He might not feel anything towards her beyond attraction. Maybe a little care but that too as a friend who helped him when he was alone. His doubts were still intact for her but she was still stupidly letting him play with her heart that always wanted him. She sighed and tilted her head gently to look at him inside.

He moved his head to look at her as well. "Why are you thinking so much lately?" he asked in a low voice. She looked away and shook her head slightly as she didn't want to make him worried further by telling everything about Yuvraj and Niharika. "It's nothing," she said in a low voice and added ahead, "I am just nervous about everything." Krishiv stayed quiet as he tightened his grip around her and placed a gentle kiss on her shoulder. She shivered under his touch and closed her eyes.