ℯ𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉

The words spoken by Krishiv echoed in Aaradhya's head

The words spoken by Krishiv echoed in Aaradhya's head. She couldn't believe what she saw all those days was purely an act. He might have loved Niharika back in college but he knew about her betrayal before she announced it by herself and he started his own game to get at her. Yet, he lost it to her because Niharika was far ahead. He might have been moved on from Niharika way back but he didn't let it show. That scared her somewhere. He was too well and maybe she lacked.

He was able to show her what he wanted and he used her in the best way. By putting that marriage proposal in front of him she just entangled herself in this mess even more. Maybe she gave him that opportunity and she cursed herself now. Yet maybe he was better than Niharika, that's what she thought. At least that's what she wanted to believe. He started his game only because Niharika started playing with him.

She didn't understand this game played by those three people and she just thought of getting along with Krishiv now. She wanted to stay true to him rather than listening to Niharika. Niharika might have drifted from her long back as she started distancing Aaradhya way back. He was here and she wasn't. Niharika stabbed her in the back but he didn't do that yet. She knew she needed to be alert because no one was trustworthy. Everyone was playing their own game that she wasn't getting.

Her glassy eyes with so many questions stayed on his peaceful face as he laid beside her on the bed. He was sleeping on his back while she rested her head on her hand as she looked at him. Her hand moved unknowingly and the next moment, she adjusted his locks that were covering his forehead. He moved his eyes and slowly opened them as he stared back at her. She was taken aback as she thought he might be in deep sleep. She looked away when he didn't move his gaze anywhere.

"What?" He asked. She shook her head and took a deep breath before laying beside him. He tilted his head to look at her. "I was just thinking," she said in a low voice. Krishiv shifted in his place and moved his head up as he placed his hand below it and stared at her.

"About what?" He asked. She looked up at him and thought for a few moments before speaking further, "About everything. If what I saw was a lie," she said in a low voice again and looked above at the ceiling.

"Not everything was a lie," he said and added, "I started with my lie because she started with hers." Aaradhya smiled gently and looked at him again.

"And I thought you were the only real one," she said. He smiled little and moved his hand. She felt her heart racing up when he saw him approaching her. He reached her face and moved a few strands away from her face. His fingers touched her face gently. "I guess there was only one person who showed what she felt," he said again and smiled at her. She kept looking at him for some time.

"That's why I feel stupid," She said and chuckled sadly. He sighed and shook his head slowly before speaking again, "You are not stupid but you just trust people too much and too easily. I was glad when you said you doubted me. I don't like betraying people and I felt bad about hiding everything from you."