ONE (ISELEN POV)

"Good morning, what's for breakfast?" I mumble yawning and running my fingers through my short dark hair before flopping down on one of the stools in the modern half of the main kitchen. The room is split in two: there's an area that looks like a normal kitchen with steel appliances, marble counters and custom-made cabinets that you could find in a fancy manor in Los Angeles. A massive wooden table with lot of chairs separates this new area from the old kitchen, with a fireplace against the wall where witches can leave their cauldrons simmering, antique wood cabinets full of herbs and weird colorful liquids in jars and a small bookshelf where spells books are piled up. And plants in pots everywhere, of course.

"You mean good evening, what's for dinner?"

"For God's sake, Terra, you've been making the same joke for the last 100 years in front of every vampire you know and it's not funny at all..." I answer snorting while the sun sets slowly behind the treetops on the other side of the window. I sigh relieved and Maeve chuckles putting a plate with eggs, bacon and toasts with some weird green thing of top of them in front of me. "What's that?"

"Avocado, the new trend among snob people living in the big cities in the south of the state, you know, the same humans you feed on." I sniff the food with suspicion and decide to take a bite hesitating but it's not that bad, I shrug and keep chewing.

"It's been a while since I don't bite a human, Terra insists on buying blood from banks at hospitals because she believes I'm not paying proper attention to modern surveillance cameras and they'll catch me easily..."

"I remind you I had to get you out of a cell in police station from NY in 1931..." The werewolf complains while drinking a glass of juice.

"They didn't arrest me because I was nibbling at the mayor's daughter's neck but because I was holding a rum cocktail in my hand at the height of Prohibition. I could've got rid of them immediately running away from prison... but I was too drunk. The lady drunk more than enough that night and added to my cocktails... Well..." I shrug and keep eating. "Where's the coffee?"

"Talking about ladies... We should have a serious conversation with Maeve." The druid stops abruptly staring at us cautiously and suspiciously holding the coffee pot, her blonde hair falls over her forehead and she brushes it away upset before pouring my coffee.

"I don't know if I want to hear that..."

"Oh yes, you want... I'm going to give you a good advice, my friend, if you decide to take a step further with Raven... make sure it happens in your bedroom... or wherever you want but make sure it's a large space..." Maeve's Irish pale skin turns red while she stares at us with her mouth wide open and I nod, raising my mug at Terra in a silent toast.

"The mutt is right. When hybrids of human and demon get horny, they tend to spread their wings completely... Which isn't bad because wings are pretty sensitive and they love when you tickle them but obviously, if you're enjoying a quickie in the restroom of a plane, for example, picture it... It's not comfortable... And be careful with the horns, depending on the position you could end up stabbing your own buttock." I tilt my head smirking mischievously before taking my fork again while the druid looks at us with a mix of horror and disbelief.

"I knew I didn't want to hear it, I don't know why I pay attention to your nonsense."

"Because we're the voice of experience," Terra answers putting her glass in the sink.

"Damn right," I confirm finishing my toast. "Long centuries flirting, dating and fucking... Listen to the elders, Maeve."

"You're mad as a hatter... And Raven is my friend..." The druid stomps out of the kitchen and doesn't look back when the wolf yells at her.