FOURTEEN (ISELEN POV)

"Iselen, wake up!" Terra's voice seems to come from far away and I decide to ignore it. Actually, even if my brain hears the knocking on the door and nervous whispers and understands that something weird is going and I should be paying attention, my body is too tired and sleepy to be able to do something besides being lying in my bed comfortably. "Move, you stupid useless vampire!"

"She didn't tell me that last night," I think and smile inside my mind despite I'm still groggy. "She didn't think I was useless when my tongue was swirling around her..."

"Iselen, Ruby is in danger!"

Okay, those words manage to wake me up and I open my eyes slowly, making a great effort to be able to sit down on the mattress although I feel dizzy. I realize that the werewolf is getting dressed near the door, that's slightly open, and I can see a small black feather floating above her head which means that Raven was here and she left in a rush, probably. A barking coming from the bathroom startles me and the human opens the door, walking into the bedroom putting a hoodie on followed by her dogs. I look at her puzzled, I don't see how Ruby could be in danger, in fact, she looks as beautiful as always and smells so sweet that makes my mouth water.

"Iselen, are you okay?" The pretty lady sits down on the mattress next to me and cradles my face while I stare at her entranced. "It's two hours until it gets dark outside, you should be sleeping, there's nothing you can do in this condition."

"Vampires..." Terra growls jumping on one foot while putting her boot on. "Wake up, we're besieged."

"Sorry, what?" I ask yawning.

"The Wind Rose is under siege: there're demons trying to break through the protective barrier, a bunch of evil wizards is digging a tunnel to avoid it and lay their hands on the key sneaking into the garden, there're crows flying over the house nonstop and several half demons have set fire to some trees near the south gate. Maeve, Raven and our friends are really scared, the magical fence is strong and can stop everything, supposedly, but it never got struck by so many spells at the same time. I told them to stay in the house and ordered the ghosts to climb up to the roof to keep an eye on our enemies."

"Okay, I understand... This is not good," I mumble shaking my head to try to clear my mind. My brain is working slowly but it concludes that I should get up and put some clothes on although I don't know how to do that because my muscles feel weak and numb. "I need..."

"What?" Ruby asks worried, leaning closer to my torso: I can see the pulse beating in her neck and I swallow hard. I can't jump on top of her right now, someone is attacking us and, in addition to that, I wouldn't be able to stop... This human is too great a temptation, I'd drain her completely and would have to turn her into a vampire to save her life... there's nothing I want more than to drink that sweet nectar greedily.

"A bag of blood, from the fridge in the kitchen," I answer grimacing when feeling my stomach clenching. To be honest, that viscous and cold blood I drink every day is disgusting if I compare it to the delicious liquid running through her veins. When did I become such a gourmet? I used to settle for a bit of 0+ in my glass of wine and sporadic contributions of the werewolf's powerful blood when she took pity on me and let me bite her. But now I only want them both, all the time.

"I'll be right back with it," Ruby leaves the room and her wonderful perfume goes with her, it helps to clear my mind a little.

"Are you all right?" Terra asks worried, watching me getting up slowly and dragging my feet to the bathroom. "I'm sorry, babe, but I really need your help if things get ugly here. I hope that barrier won't fall apart..."

"It won't," I answer leaning on the doorframe. "I'm fine, I'll take a cold shower, drink a whole bag of blood and..."

"Strong coffee?" the wolf asks confused because I fell silent suddenly, trying to find out what else I need.