THIRTY-SIX (TERRA POV)

"Fuck!" I think scared while pulling Ruby's arm to move her closer to my body and Iselen moves one step to stand between us and the witch. Everything was okay a minute ago: we were going to have dinner together, go back home with Ru, maybe have some sex before the sun rises, sleep hugging each other... our happy plans are ruined because Eloise can't accept criticism graciously, apparently.

The truth is that this adventure was a bad idea since the very beginning: I'm fast and strong as a wolf, I could bite this bitch's head off if I manage to get closer to her, but I'm not good at handling magical spells, to be honest. Iselen is better but she doesn't have the knowledge or experience to fight a real witch. We need Sanne or Maeve here, or even Raven... demons know some interesting magic tricks. I guess none of us expected Eloise to go crazy, we were confident that she'd be discreet, avoiding any movement that could give away her real nature in front of humans. But here we are, in the middle of a whirlwind of energy while the entire building shakes.

"You'll regret this day, you shouldn't have come to this city," the witch growls angrily and the wooden shelves hanging on the walls fall on the floor, everything is covered with broken bowls and bottles and the noise will attract the neighbors soon if we don't stop her.

"Stop this, Eloise! Have you gone nuts? You can't do this in the middle of Amsterdam," Ruby tries to put some sense into her head but I don't think the woman is listening to her. Iselen shoots a concerned look over her shoulder and I nod, dragging our girl closer and trying to hide her behind my own body to protect her from the pieces of glass and wood that are flying all over the room.

Suddenly, a pulse of energy pushes us back and Ruby's shoulders hit the wall hard, Iselen stumbles and a groan escapes from her lips because her body absorbed most of the impact of the magical punch. Mirabelle's protective charms get hot on my chest when the witch casts a spell and an invisible force pushes us back again, trying to crush us against the wall with the force of a bulldozer, I try to remain firm on my feet but it's difficult and I even struggle to breathe, I feel that there's a stone slab that weights a ton crushing my body. Ruby gasps for air behind me, desperately, and that makes the vampire react.

"Take this, bitch," Iselen throws her own magical punch against Eloise but the protective circle around her stops it, fortunately she manages to destabilize her a little and her concentration falters, loosening the magical pressure on us. Suddenly, I can breathe again while the witch gets ready to attack. "We can't reach her inside that circle."

"I know," I answer scared. "Even if I turn into a wolf, I won't be able to bite her, and would leave Ruby unprotected and vulnerable..."

"I'll try to keep her busy while you get closer to the door, you have to push the human out." I shake my head, grimacing, we both know that Eloise won't let Ruby run away and there's little chance I can open the wooden door and push her out of the building, but we have to try anyways because it's the only thing we can do right now.

"This was a very bad idea," I shout so the vampire can hear me over the noise of broken glass and she nods before moving one step forward to stand firmly in front of the witch while I pull Ruby's arm hard and try to get closer to the door, despite there's a stormy wind trying to stop us. "Fuck! The knob is burning," I growl shaking my hand and looking at my burnt fingers. The metal is red hot and I can't touch it so I try kicking the wooden surface, Iselen is screaming something in a language I can't understand, a spell most likely, and manages to destabilize the witch again: the door shakes and I think I'll be able to break the hinges on one side with another kick... only one more blow and I'll push Ruby outside.

"Ouch!" the vampire cries in pain when her back hits the wall hard, Eloise has punched her magically again and she's trying to crush her with that invisible force, it's pretty obvious that my girl is fighting back with all her strength even if she's stuck to the wall but can't release herself. I can see horrified how the bitch is breaking her ribs under the silk shirt with all that pressure and blood runs from her mouth to her chin, dripping on the floor, her lungs must be about to collapse... I try to get closer to my girl to help her but the strong wind stops me.