SIXTEEN (TERRA POV)

"Wait, I'll carry that." Iselen takes Ruby in her arms before she can get closer to the kitchen island and she spins her around, laughing amused, while the dogs bark excitedly.

"What are you doing? Get me down, bloodsucker!" the human complains but laughs too while holding onto the vampire's shoulders who obeys finally and kisses the tip of her nose gently.

"Come on, go to the meeting room while I finish making coffee and follow you carrying the tray. Where are the cookies?"

"There're three bags of Oreo in that cabinet," I point at her right. "Can you handle all that?" I ask hesitating, taking a look at the big tray with lot of porcelain cups stacked up and balancing precariously. Iselen raises an eyebrow and answers offended.

"I'm a strong girl."

"I know, it's just that you have to carry all that stuff maintaining balance, plus the pot of coffee... Ouch! Have you just pinched my ass?" I ask in disbelief, staring at her angrily and rubbing my buttock with my hand while the vampire smirks mischievously, leaning casually against the kitchen island with her arms crossed over her chest, pretending that she hasn't move in a twinkling one second ago.

"Yep, and you haven't seen me coming... I'm a woman with multiple talents, I'm sure I can carry a tray across my own house. Come on, move..."

"She looks really happy today," Ruby follows me down the corridor towards the entrance hall, we both walk over the wind rose mosaic and the human stops for a second under the glass dome, hesitating, till I point at the right door that leads to another corridor. "What's going on with her?"

"You..." I answer smiling. "Me... Mind blowing sex, lot of delicious blood... I guess she's kind of drunk and ecstatic at the same time. Whatever, I couldn't be happier, I'd rather joke with her than seeing her sunken into deep depression, withdrawing and not talking to anyone. Thank you for yesterday's conversation, I think I understand better what happens inside the head of that stubborn bloodsucker and will be able to help her."

"We'll both keep an eye on her to make sure her smiles are genuine, above all, she must feel safe and understood, she must trust us so she'll tell us when she's felling down. But it's a long-term process and won't happen tomorrow," Ruby warns me and I nod while opening another door.

"We'll remain on alert..."

"What the actual...? This house is full of surprises." The human walks into the room, taking a look around with her mouth wide open.

"What's wrong?" I ask confused.

"I don't know, you told me we were going to talk about our plans in a meeting room and pictured something like, you know, and long table and chairs made of light wood... something I'd find in the meeting room of a multinational company office. But this looks like a throne room in Versailles." Ruby points at the table and chairs made of fine wood with bronze embellishments, the green marble fireplace, the ceiling with mythological allegories frescoed, the cream wood panels with gold molding covering the walls and the sage green silk curtains. "Have you ever heard about Nordic interior design?"

"Yes, it's that thing Iselen chose to decorate the modern area of the kitchen because it's more functional. Not my cup of tea, honestly."

"I see that... When were you born, Terra?" she whispers so the witches and necromancers can't hear us while we walk around the table. I pull a chair for her, watching her cautiously, I don't understand why she's asking that now.

"I'm younger than Iselen," I admit watching Maeve opening the door for the vampire to walk in the room carrying the tray with coffee and snacks.

"I know, but how much..."