THIRTY-ONE (ISELEN POV)

"Is everything quiet out there?" I ask before drinking a big gulp of blood from the bag while watching Terra talking to Raven and Maeve; they're checking for the last time that we have all the protective charms we need according to the journal of Sister Marie's grandmother. We won't bring anything else with us: no flashlight, weapons, food or bottles of water, we don't need those things thanks to our powers and we don't want to extend our stay in hell more than necessary: we'll get in, find Ruby and run out as fast as possible. "Why did the granddaughter of a powerful witch become a nun?"

"I have no idea," Mirabelle shrugs. "But I bet it's an interesting story and yes, everything is quiet in the house and garden. My friends have kicked most demons' butts from Los Angeles, they're not that arrogant or strong since their boss is out of the game, but we'll keep monitoring the perimeter while you're inside. What you're going to do tonight is amazing, bloodsucker. You have my respect... you're very brave." I raise an eyebrow, looking at her shocked, and the witch smiles back at me.

"Do you mean that you like vampires now?"

"I wouldn't say that... I like you but don't know if other vampires are that amazing."

"None of them is as special as Iselen, I can assure you that," Terra cuts her off, grabbing my hand. "Are you ready?"

"Yes, let's go and find our pretty girl... Raven, keep that door open for us helped by the angel and make sure nothing weird or dangerous sneaks into this world. You'll have to show us what you've learnt during those hard training sessions with Maeve, but if a powerful demon gets closer and you think you won't be able to stop them, you'll close the door... we'll manage to get out of hell somehow, okay?"

"I promise," the girl nods, staring at us concerned. We've been arguing a lot about this matter and all of us accepted that this is the best option even if I hate the idea of being trapped in hell, fighting to protect Ruby and Terra while looking for another door in the labyrinth.

"Why can't I go with you?" Ru pouts and I can't help rolling my eyes, that might help her to persuade her mistress to give her more treats but she won't soften me with that trick.

"If an angel sets foot in hell, I bet all demons would notice it immediately and, besides, you draw too much attention with your shiny hair... We'll try to be discreet and find Ruby before the guards can find us poking around. If we're lucky, we'll be able to get in and out without anyone noticing it."

"I have something for you, a very special gift... Don't ask me what I had to do to get it, it was very difficult because it's very precious," Maeve walks closer holding something in her hand while Raven looks at her suspiciously and surprised. "What? No, I did nothing sexual, you're so dirty minded... Anyway, here you have." Terra extends her arm and the druid puts a ball of white wool on her hand while we both stare at it confused.

"Why is this so special? Are we supposed to knit a shield-sweater that will stop demons' spells or something like that?" I ask and Maeve snorts, shaking her head, while Mirabelle holds her breath, shocked, before pointing at the ball with a shaky finger.

"Where did you find it?" she asks with a reverential tone of voice.

"I know someone in Greece who collects magical artifacts and he let me borrow it, he's been suspecting that this ball is very special for long years, you know there're only a handful like this one in the world, but he didn't have any proof to confirm that this was not fake. We're going to try it today... this will greatly increase its value, obviously."

"May I know what are you talking about?" Terra asks impatiently, she can't wait to get into the antechamber to rescue Ruby before a demon takes her to the real hell and the wolf doesn't want to waste more time.