TWENTY-SIX (RUBY POV)

"There's no one here," I whisper bewildered, looking around while Terra holds my hand, surprised too. Iselen is nowhere to be seen and her vampires aren't watching the back door anymore, the human guard and the guys carrying bottles from the van to the kitchen have vanished too. Cries come from the front garden...

"Damn it, where is the stupid bloodsucker?" The werewolf growls quietly pulling my hand, dragging me towards the corner of the building cautiously to take a quick look, although we keep our backs stuck to the wall. Someone has lit small lanterns and torches that illuminate the gardens and pool softly. "Oh wow..."

"What's going on?" I ask in shock watching dozens of humans running scared down the terraces trying to move away from the vampires and demons that are fighting around the house. There're broken glasses and smushed canapes on the floor, some ladies have lost their high-heeled shoes trying to escape and golden and silver designer sandals are scattered all over the lawn, waiters are hiding behind the barbecue and the outdoor living room furniture and stare at the spread wings of the demons in disbelief while they try to punch the members of Iselen's clan, fortunately the vampires move so fast that my eyes can't even follow them and they dodge most of the blows.

"Someone will manipulate lot of minds if they want humans to forget about this mess," Terra shakes her head, dismayed. "Can you see Iselen?"

"No, but there's a werewolf there," I whisper. The big animal has grey fur although it doesn't look as soft as my girl's, the sharp fangs try to tear the vampires' flesh and the powerful back legs help him to jump to the other side of the pool to chase them. Suddenly, he stands up on those back legs, roaring angrily, his eyes turn red like the flames of the torches, the front legs turn into heavily muscled arms with sharp claws and two massive wings spread on his back.

"That's not one of my comrades," Terra swallows hard, staring at the beast in disbelief.

"What are you doing standing here like an idiot? Are you crazy? Let's go." Iselen appears out of the blue and grabs my free hand, dragging our bodies back to the garage and the back door. We run down the road hiding behind the bushes, trying to avoid the few humans that have chosen this escape route till we manage to reach my car that's parked behind some trees. My hands shake so bad that I can't find the keys in the backpack and is Terra the one who pushes me to the vampire's arms, takes the keys finally and sits down behind the wheel.

"I think you're in no condition to drive but I'll need instructions to get back home, this city is too big..."

"Yes, I'm sorry... That way..." I point to our left ad she nods. "What happened?" I turn around to look at Iselen who's sprawled on the backseat, shaking her head, and she looks angry.

"I have a terrible taste in women," she answers sighing.

"Was this Zoe's fault?" the wolf snorts and rolls her eyes. "I'm not surprised at all."

"According to Hans, the bitch was too interested in finding out what we were up to, she got too close to the house to peep through the window carelessly, two demon soldiers saw her and tried to catch her, a handful of my vampires rushed to help her, those demons noticed that my vampires where spying on them and raised the alarm... and suddenly everybody was fighting and humans were freaking out. Even if most of them know that supernatural creatures are real, talking to Marsh in his office like civilized people about the advantages of joining his alliance is different to watch him turning into a hellhound in front of their faces."

"Turn to the left after the traffic light," I whisper before turning around again to look at my girl. "The big wolf was Marsh?"

"It's not a wolf, babe," the vampire sighs tiredly. "Considering that he is a powerful half-demon and given that the furry monster we saw was the size of a car, I bet one of his grandparents was a real hellhound."