ELEVEN (TERRA POV)

"Don't do that, please..." I whisper getting closer to the human, my lips rub her shoulder and nape, kissing the tattooed bird, and I can feel her body getting tense under my arm when I enclose her waist and hug her tight against my bare chest. "I know you're awake..." Ruby remains silent, trying to hide her face on the pillow, but her breathing's quickening and I smile, kissing her soft skin again. "Everything is okay, babe, calm down... I know you're nervous, you think this is a mistake and wonder what will happen now... You feel insecure and overwhelmed because you've woken up naked lying in a bed between a werewolf and a vampire after having the hottest sex of your life... Anyone would feel confused and anxious but everything will be all right, I promise."

"How can you say that? My life is a mess, this situation is crazy and now I have to add this..." The human whispers with a weak tone of voice but she leans her hand on my arm around her waist and pulls so I can hug her tighter. I can smell adrenalin skyrocketing in her blood and hear her heart racing; I hate to see her like this, this should be a happy moment, she should feel exhausted and satisfied and go to sleep feeling safe in my embrace.

"I understand it, Ruby, I really do," I whisper in her ear before catching her earlobe between my lips carefully, kissing her neck and nape slowly till I feel how she relaxes again. "But we'll figure this out, okay? The three of us, one step at a time... We'll protect you, we'll defeat the demons and, later, we'll talk about the future but it's pointless to worry about it now, don't get nervous, relax and enjoy the moment... Trust us, baby, please."

"I'm not good at going with the flow without overthinking," she admits and I can't help chuckling. It's pretty obvious that overthinking is a problem for this human.

"You have to try, Ruby. Besides, Iselen won't let you run away from us now that she's tried your blood..." My fingers graze the skin on her wrist slowly where a small scratch is almost healed, the vampire hasn't bitten the human on her neck because she knows Ruby's not ready to take that step yet despite the intimacy we've shared last night, but she let her enjoy a few drops of her essence before the sun came out and Iselen fell asleep. We both look at the beautiful brunette lying face down next to us, some words in Latin stand out tattooed on her back and Ruby raises her hand to graze them with her knuckles, reading them under the dim light of the beside lamp, puzzled.

"Vivamus, moriendum est."

"Let us live since we must die..." I translate and the human nods while I chuckle. "She's totally useless when the sun is high in the sky. Iselen... wake up, babe..." I tap on her shoulder with my index and the vampire growls, upset, but she doesn't move. "Ruby's getting nervous, she believes that sleeping with us was a mistake and can't wait to escape from this room... Are you going to let her do that?"

"No..." she whispers with a hoarse voice, turning around slowly. She puts her arm around my waist trapping the human between our bodies before relaxing again. "My bed, my rules... You both stay... And now, let the poor vampire sleep, I'm exhausted... Two demanding goddesses are hard to please..."

"I'm sorry," I whisper smiling amused and getting relaxed too, enjoying the heat of their bodies and the wonderful perfume of Ruby's hair.

"Liar..." the vampire answers before falling asleep definitely.

"Everything will be all right, Ruby, I promise. This could be the best thing that ever happened in our lives, don't ruin it overthinking..."

"Didn't I tell you?" the human cuts me off. "I'm really good at overthinking..."

"Well, I've wasted lot of time thinking too much instead of being happy with the woman I love... Here and now, in this bed, I'm really happy and won't let anyone ruin it. I'm aware that we'll need to talk about the consequences of all this but, right now, you should go with the flow and enjoy the moment."