THIRTY-FOUR (RUBY POV)

The rain lashes the windows and the garden looks blurry through the water drops, the fairies have sought refuge under the tree leaves and my dogs sleep happily on the soft carpet. Terra insisted on lighting the fire and the flames dance creating shadows on the walls. Iselen is lying on the couch with her head on my lap, watching the fire while I stroke her hair, the werewolf is sitting on the other end of the couch, reading a book with her tattooed hand leaned casually on the vampire's knees that are on her lap too. It's a very quiet evening and minutes tick by slowly while I yawn, sleepy.

The party the witches and necromancers held for me last night was a great surprise, lot of friends from the forest came to celebrate my return and also other magical creatures that helped us to protect the Wind Rose from the demons. We all danced around the pool of the winter garden, ate and drank and had great fun. Too much fun, maybe, because we woke up with a hangover today, we had coffee and something light for breakfast and came to the living room to take a nap and relax while Lea, Zara, Alfonso and his friends used their magical knowledge to clean the mess after the party. Luckily, they work faster than humans and they're watching a movie and eating popcorn in another living room right now.

I tilt my head slightly to take a look at my dogs, I think I've heard someone snuffling, something that Ru tends to do before she starts snoring loudly, but my pet is watching Charlie with curiosity while he munches on a treat. I hear a puff echoing across the room again and look down, Iselen's eyes are closed and she breathes softly... I think she's fallen asleep. Terra lets out a giggle next to me and winks at me while I smile too. I don't want to disturb her so I brush a lock of silky hair away from her cheek very carefully and the vampire opens her eyes suddenly, blinking bewildered for a second, before turning her head to look at me.

"Would you marry me?" she whispers and I can't help opening my mouth wide in shock. I can't believe she's just asked me something like that, unexpectedly. "You know: a dress, flowers, a ring, a banquet... Humans still do those things, don't they, Terra?"

"Yes, I think so, some of them, yes, I guess," the wolf answers, stuttering. "But maybe it's too soon to..."

"Would you marry me?" Iselen raises her head from my lap to look at Terra who's speechless due to the shock and she just shrugs and nods.

"If that's what you want... Well, I don't wear jewels, usually, only on important occasions because it's not comfortable to take them off every time I need to shapeshift. I guess I can wear a simple ring every day."

"What do you say, Ruby Rose? Would you marry us?" Iselen smiles and the werewolf stares at me intently, she's even holding back her breath.

I close my eyes for a minute to make a decision without the vampire charm and Terra's gorgeous blue eyes mesmerizing me and affecting my judgement. The truth is that my life has been crazy these past months, the entire world seems to be upside down, I've found out that not everything is as it seems, magic is real and I'm a stronger person than I thought, but there's one thing I know for sure: I love these women, I'd give my life for them and they'd do the same for me. In fact, they went to hell to rescue me, risking their own souls. They won't abandon me when problems arise, they won't give up and will be with me forever. I smile amused before opening my eyes and nod, staring at Iselen.

"I get the impression that you're just looking for a reason to hold another big party. Of course, yes, I'll marry you. You know I adore you, bloodsucker." I lean forward to kiss her gently and the vampire heaves a sigh, happily. "I didn't know you were such a traditional woman... Are you going to visit Terra's father in the forest and ask him for the hand of his daughter in front of the entire pack?"

"No, I won't, Terra is a modern and independent woman, she doesn't need her father's approval... although I guess we'll have to invite the pack to the party. There're some rings in the safe, do you want to check them? If you don't like those, we can buy a jewel for you in LA or get a special design based on your preferences." Iselen sits down on the couch, excited, she always looks full of energy when she has new plans. The door opens abruptly, startling us, even Charlie drops his treat and barks scared. Maeve looks at us quietly for a second and smirks mischievously.