FIVE (RUBY POV)

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!" I raise my head, scared when hearing the cry echoing through the house, so loud that the massive glass dome above the entrance hall shakes a little. "Georgina, for fuck's sake! I told you a million times..."

"She's caught her walking out of the shower naked again," Terra chuckles next to me and points at the terrace door. Outside, Maeve and Raven are training, witches and necromancers enjoy their food watching the sunset and my dogs play with the fairies. I decide to sit down on a chair a bit far away from them all, watching the centaurs gathering at the edge of the forest entranced while they debate about their next destination. "Since the moment those ghosts found out that Iselen gets mad when they appear out of the blue in her bedroom, they do it nonstop every time she gets angry, goes up to the attic and scolds them."

"So the point is not to show the ghosts that you're upset at them and they won't pester you..." The werewolf nods, laughing amused. "Have you managed to get new information?"

"I've talked to some of the supernatural creatures that helped us to build up the invisible fence and they all answered the same thing: humans cannot walk through the perimeter of the property." I look at her puzzled and Terra shrugs. "I know, you're sure that you're human and not a descendant of witches or forest elves... Despite your eyes look a little like the ones of a nymph... Iselen believes you're human too judging by your smell and vampires have a very sensitive nose... If she could try your blood, only a few drops would do, she could confirm it definitely..." I lean back on my chair and look at her worried but the wolf shakes her head. "Calm down, that won't happen without your permission..."

"So you don't know why I'm here..." I answer trying to change the subject. The idea of Iselen savoring my blood, even if I let her do that, makes me feel awkward... and also makes the butterflies in my stomach fluttering like crazy, but it's because I feel sick... isn't it? I mean, I don't like the vampire, supposedly, although she was honest with me last night and I appreciate that.

"Well, try to think positive... We haven't found anything new but we ruled out some things and that brings us closer to the truth, somehow..." Terra raises her tattooed arm and waves her hand. Iselen answers waving from the roof before flopping down on the cornice, sitting with her legs dangling over the edge several floors above the swimming pool while sipping at a cup of coffee. "It's her favorite spot of the house, it allows her to isolate herself from the noise of our conversations and our perfumes, she can only listen to the wind and smells of pine trees up there. As I've told you, her nose is too sensitive and all those sensory stimuli become overwhelming."

"Has she ever...? Did you both...?" I whisper grimacing, I don't know how to ask the question without seeming a snooper and I shouldn't be interested in their private lives, actually, but the wolf stares at me raising an eyebrow and looks like she's having fun watching me fidgeting nervously, I think she knows what I want to ask... "Did she ever bite you?" Terra bursts into laughing and her blue eyes shine as much as the fairy wings.

"She bit me several times centuries ago, when we were archenemies and we fought nonstop... A vampire's bite is really painful when they don't keep the charm to hypnotize you, to be honest. That lesbian bitch has a strong jaw..." The werewolf looks up smiling, Iselen keeps swinging her legs and has changed the coffee for a glass of wine... or maybe it's blood, I don't know.

"And what happens when she keeps the charm on?" I whisper with curiosity but my new friend doesn't answer, she only smiles mischievously for a few seconds and her cheeks blush slightly.

"She blows your mind..." she answers stretching her legs and crossing her ankles casually. Maeve has found a book about karate movements and tries to teach Raven how to copy some of the positions but they both seem confused with the explanations and ask the necromancers for help. Centaurs have vanished and my dogs are yawning lying on the grass while fairies weave flower garlands that they hang from their collars.