NINETEEN (RUBY POV)

"It's not half bad," I smile closing the room door while Terra and Iselen drop our bags on the dark hardwood floor. "I told the guy at the reception desk that we've been traveling all night long and will sleep in so they don't disturb us in the morning. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, this is different..." The vampire looks around and seems to be slightly bewildered. I admit this place is not as fancy as the Wind Rose but the Blue Lake Hotel is new and very clean, the room walls are painted in light grey shades and gorgeous tartan blankets in light blue and green shades cover the beds, there's a bathroom with white tiles, a glass table with three chairs and a small kitchenette inside a big cabinet with a microwave to reheat the breakfast we've bought on the way here. We have all we need. "There are two beds, why?"

"Because we're three girls and it'd be strange if we booked just one room with one bed, according to Maeve," I smile amused while taking our food out of the paper bags. "But don't worry, we can still sleep together, although we'll be a little tight... Mattresses are bigger in your house, I think."

"I don't mind sleeping stuck to your body," Iselen answers smirking mischievously and Terra rolls her eyes hard behind her.

"Of course you do not..."

"I also love sleeping stuck to your body... in winter," The vampire shrugs. "But you're too hot in summer, I don't know what the hell is going on with werewolves, it feels like they have some kind of internal heating... maybe it's because you're furry."

"I'm not furry when I'm human, well, I only have hair on my head," Terra complains.

"It doesn't matter, babe, I've always been sensitive to the cold," I answer taking a thermos full of coffee. "I'll be happy getting stuck to you and using you as a blanket. And now sit down, I've only eaten some cookies tonight and I'm starving. It's decaf," I warn them pointing at the vampire. "You won't have problems to sleep but Terra and I shouldn't drink caffeine. There's orange juice in that bottle and bagels in the bag, sandwiches, sausages for a hungry wolf, banana pancakes with peanut butter, blueberry jam, lemon madeleines, avocado and tomato for those bagels... Oh great, there's an electric toaster in the cabinet..."

"Not bad for a breakfast we bought in a convenience store," Iselen admits chewing and licking jam from her fingers. "What are we going to do with that window? I don't think those delicate grey curtains are going to cover it all."

"Don't worry. Maeve has put a big and thick piece of black canvas in my suitcase, enough to cover that window, and it will block every sun ray. You'll be able to sleep without burning."

"Maybe I should stay awake and watch the door," the wolf frowns while holding her cup of coffee. "Those charms will protect us against demons for a few days but a human could get too close and..."

"You don't need to do that, my vampire instinct wakes me up immediately if I feel there's a danger close and you need to rest." Iselen points at her lover with a madeleine, frowning. "You've been working hard lately and have been through a lot concerning your pack, demons and the Wind Rose guests... too much stress. She always does the same..." The vampire turns her head to look at me angrily.

"What?" I ask confused.

"When her anxiety levels skyrocket, she can't stop... She's always doing something: cooking, cleaning, working in the garden, running through the forest... You get on my nerves sometimes." Iselen looks at Terra again, frowning, and the werewolf opens her mouth, ready to fight her, but my laugh interrupts them. "What's so funny?"

"You're like an old married couple."

"That's what we are... I guess," Terra admits reluctantly before smiling. "This conversation would've led to an epic argument in the old days, we wouldn't talked to each other for at least a week. But you help us to control our temper and not to take things too seriously... it's a relief." The vampire nods and leans back on her chair, sipping at her coffee.