𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 14: 𝒥𝒶𝒾𝓁 𝐵𝒾𝓇𝒹

There's not much to do in Storybrooke without Henry helping me. I have to wait for him to return from his friend's house before I can make more progress in finding my parents. Or I could try to find them myself. Then my next plan of action would be to go to the Town Hall and hope Mayor Mills can help. I'm sure she's not as mean as she seemed. Maybe she's a super nice person who's overprotective of her son like Emma.

There's shuffling behind me as I walk to the central part of town. I turn and find a blonde moving to crouch behind a mailbox.

"Delilah?"

She peeks above it, exposing her eyes.

"Are you following me?"

She steps out, stuffing something in her back pocket. "I wouldn't call it that."

"Then what would you call it?" I cross my arms.

"Checking up on you. You're new, and Storybrooke's weird and, often, dangerous. Speaking of which, any more flying monkeys?"

"No."

"Oh—Well—Then—How've you been?" she asks with her hands in her pockets while rising on her toes.

"I've been better."

"Still think it's all crazy, huh?"

"Yeah, well, normally, people don't drag me to mysterious towns, where everyone claims magic and fairytales are real."

Delilah's eyes dart as she tries to find the right words. "But... they are," she says, trying not to push me over the edge.

"I beg to differ."

She walks over with her head down, trying to think something through. "My mother's story had nothing to do with bears—real ones, anyway.—"

"What're you doing?" I ask, concerned for her health.

"Trying to get you to understand that our stories differ from the classics, so it's okay to feel confused."

I shake my head and say, "That's not why I'm confused."

She takes a breath. "Look. I know it's crazy, and—well, ...It totally is, okay? But sometimes you need to—"

I put my hands up. "Stop. I don't want to hear this."

"But you need to know where you come from."

"Where I come from?"

She nods.

"Where I come from is what I'm going to find out. That's why I'm going to the Town Hall."

Delilah's eyes widen, and her mouth opens. "Why? You know how Regina is. Wait. Do you? Have you met her?"

"Yes. She was mean, but I've known worse. She's the Mayor, so maybe she can show me some town records about my parents or something."

"You can't do that."

I lean on my back leg, stunned that she told me what to do. "Why not?"

"Because," she bites her bottom lip, "...Regina doesn't like newcomers. Heck, she doesn't like anyone."

"But it's her job as Mayor to help."

"Storybrooke citizens. Not strangers."

"I'm trying to find my parents. She'll understand. Whatever she has to do to get me out of town the fastest way possible—something tells me—she'll do it."

"But there's so much in Storybrooke that you haven't seen yet. Why don't I show you around?"

"I already told you Henry's my guide. Besides, I'm not looking to make friends."