𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 5: 𝒯𝓌𝑜 𝑀𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝐼𝓈 𝒩𝑜𝓌

Home? Did he say he's here to bring me home?

Wait. Henry Mills?

This is the kid. What does he want with me? I didn't do anything... that I know of. But home? I don't have a home.

"This is my home." Sure, that sounded convincing.

"No, it's not. I know you think you're an orphan, but your parents are in my hometown." He's bluffing. I've never been able to pinpoint their location. I tried and tried and tried. They don't want to be found. It's like they don't exist.

"And where's that?" I say with a hand on the doorframe. "Because I've tried tracking them. No luck."

"They're in Storybrooke, Maine. You haven't found them because it's not on a map." I'd understand if it's off the grid in the middle of the country, but Maine? Come on. How stupid does he think I am?

"Why not?" You know what? He knows nothing. "Kid, you're wasting my time." I try to shut the door, but he holds it open.

"Please listen. You don't belong here."

I don't belong anywhere. "You don't know me," I say with a slight shake of my head.

His cheerful countenance falls away. "No. But you have to believe me. I know this will sound crazy, but you're Queen Anna of Arendelle." Anna? It must be a coincidence.

"What's Arendelle?"

"It's a kingdom," he says like I'm dumb.

"Yeah, I got that part. I meant I've never heard of it."

"That's because it's not in this world." Is he talking about space? That or he's mad.

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Have you gone completely insane?"

"I warned you it would sound crazy. But I thought you liked crazy."

"Dude, what's your point? And, besides, my name's not Anna."

"Well, it was. And my point is—your whole life is a lie. You're not who you think you are." Alright. I'm done. This kid's lying. His town isn't on a map? Me, a queen? A kingdom out of this world? This is just some lousy prank.

I pull at the cuffs of my sweatshirt. "You have some nerve making those assumptions."

"But it's true."

I look away, smiling at how he thinks he can continue this nonsense.

"Your parents are Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora."

I almost burst out laughing, but a part of me stings from how desperate he thinks I am for a family to believe this. Who sent him here?

"Like from 'Sleeping Beauty?'"

He scratches his eyebrow. "Sure."

"You think my parents are Disney characters?" I say, resting my head on the doorframe.

"Fairytale characters."

"Same thing, dude. But are you listening to yourself? Might want to keep it down before someone other than me thinks you're crazy."

He sighs. "Fine. Don't believe me. You will later."

"So sure? Who are you, anyway?"

He narrows his eyes and says, "I told you. My name's Henry."

"I got that, but who—"

The neighbor across the street fires up his lawnmower.

"Who—" I say over the buzzing. I take my head off the doorframe and yell over Henry's. "Could you shut that off?"