𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 27: 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝒜 𝒮𝓅𝓁𝒾𝓉-𝒮𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒹, 𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓋𝑒𝒹

This place is a thunderstorm of music and an electrifying lightning storm of disco lights.

It's impossible to ignore the last time I've been to a party like this... to any party. The speakers' bass vibrates the floors, light pendants, and even my being. It's in my chest and brain. All the emotions rush in as I purse my lips and make mindful movements through the crowd. I don't know how long I can keep my anxieties at bay. I put my hand over my wrist, forgetting that I'm no longer wearing the charm bracelet. Regardless, I tighten my grip around it.

There aren't any adults in sight, explaining the red SOLO cups, club dancing, and making out against walls. My eyes focus on subjects farther up ahead rather than what's close. Every time someone bumps into me, I flinch, and my heart skips.

I squeeze between bodies to find Delilah. Maybe she didn't come.

The music gets louder—if that's possible—when I enter the room it's coming from, and there're even more people in it. I don't know how there're this many teenagers in Storybrooke. I haven't seen many while I've been here. Is it crazy to think that every teenager in town is present?

"Yo! Turn down the music! Sheriff Swan's already been here once," a guy yells at the kid in charge of the jams.

"That doesn't surprise me," I say to myself.

I head upstairs, where the rest of the party is.

Seriously! How many teens are in Storybrooke? It's absurd. I don't think there are enough adults in town to have produced them all. Unless these kids are from out of town. But that wouldn't be the case based on what Delilah said.

Why am I still believing what she said? She sabotaged my town meeting. She ruined my chances of finding my parents. She sucks as a friend.

I enter the landing on the second floor, which has a large bookcase on two opposing walls. People dance around while some sit on the benches attached to the bookshelf units. A double French door at the back of the room is open wide, leading out to a balcony.

I can recognize that head of blonde hair anywhere.

"You. I need to talk to you," I say tensely.

She turns around. "Bella?" she says with glee. "I thought you weren't coming."

"I wasn't until I found out you sabotaged my meeting."

Delilah's cheery countenance goes away, and her eyes widen. "Who told you?"

"Does it matter? Why the fuck would you do that?"

"I am so, so sorry, but I was only trying to protect you."

"From what? Happiness?"

"Your parents... It's a long story. One I don't think you'd like to hear."

"You ruined my chances of finding them. They could've shown up, but you canceled it!"

She yells back, "Henry's insane for—"

"For what?"

"For—"

"Heads up!" a guy shouts, and a football nails Delilah in the head.

She falls off the balcony.

"Delilah!" I grab her wrist, just below her bracelet. My other hand grips the railing for support.

"Don't let go!" Her eyes flood with tears, and her face flushes bright red.

"I'm not letting you go."

The people below shout and stare up in fright.

My arm strains from her weight and gravity pulling me down. I push against the railing to keep myself from falling over, too.