Chapter 12

Omniscient

"Damn, Kevin. Long time no see."

"Kevin?" Amara, Jermaine, and Malik said at the same time.

"So I wasn't tripping when I said you knew him." Malik said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Obviously, dipshit." Khalisè said, mugging him. "He's my stepfather."

"Okay, so why couldn't you just tell us that?"

"I had to get all of my information together first, Malik. Is that answer okay with you?" Khalisè said as she huffed.

"Anyways." She started again. "This is the nigga that had your money. Their father didn't have shit to do with it."

"And why should I believe you?"

"I'm so sick of this motherfucker talking." Amara mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear her.

"Bitch, you think I give a fuck?" Tez said, walking up to her.

"Who the fuck you think you talking to?" Amara said before she stuck her hands in her back pocket. Her eyes slightly got big when she felt the pocket knife that she had but didn't let Tez know that she had it.

They stared each other down as the room got quiet. Tez hit Amara's chest with his empty hand, making her cry out in pain.

"Aye, what the fuck?" Malik yelled out, scrunching his face up.

"Get the fuck away from my sister, dawg." Jermaine said, walking towards them. He froze when Cortez cocked his gun back, aiming it at Amara's head.

Cortez, Jermaine and Malik started arguing back and forth, not knowing that Amara was counting from 10 in her head.

"7,6."

"Man shut yo bitch ass up, I ain't tryna hear that lame ass shit!" Malik yelled.

"5,4."

"Damien, chill out!" Jermaine yelled once he seen Damien run to Kiara. Angel got angry, seeing that her son actually had another mother figure.

"3,2."

Vinchi and Nia were looking at Amara, knowing that she had something up her sleeve, they just didn't know what it was.

Since nobody was paying attention to them, Vinchi moved up closer behind Tez while Khalisè and Nia moved closer to Angel and Jasmine.

"1."

Amara pulled her knife out of her pocket, throwing her arm out, making the knife cut Cortez and Tez's faces. They yelped in pain as they bended over, holding their faces.

While they were distracted, she quickly stuck the knife in Cortez's side, pulling it out, then did the same thing to Tez.

Amara punched Cortez in his face as Vinchi kicked Tez in his back, making both of them hit the ground.

Khalisè was able to snatch the gun from Angel with ease since she didn't have any type of training whatsoever. Nia slapped Jasmine hard as hell, making her drop her gun.

They handed the guns to Jermaine and Malik.

"Take Damien to the back." Khalisè told Nia since Nia wasn't in any position to handle what was going on. Nia picked Damien up with the little bit of strength she had before walking away from the scene.

Jermaine patted Vinchi on his back after him and Malik walked over to them. Vinchi nodded before grabbing Cortez from Amara who was still beating his ass.