Chapter 17

Vinchi

"Okay, okay. You look happy, nigga, wassup with you?" I shook my head at King's words since it was my time to visit him.

"What you talking about bro?"

"You come in here with this big ass smile on ya face. You looking different, cuhh. Wassup?"

"Nothing, nigga." I chuckled, tapping against the table. "I can't just be happy about visiting my brudda?"

"Mhm, imma find out. One way or another."

"And by that you mean asking yo girlfriend, huh?"

"Hell yeah, nigga. You know my girl keep me updated."

"More like she be snitching."

"Don't call my baby no snitch. You just salty." I stale faced him. Nigga.

"Sure, King. What's up with the what's up tho? They told you anything yet?"

"Same Ole bullshit man."

"Don't worry, bruh. We gotcha covered fashoo." I said, truthfully.

Khalisè told me that she's meeting up with some lawyer to help King's case. She thinks they Legit so Imma just put my faith in God and see what's up with that.

"Times up." The officer patted King on his back.

"It's not too much long bro, I swear to God." I said as we stood up at the same time.

"I know, bruh. Be safe out there."

"Be safe in here, cuhh. I love you."

"I love you too."
~
Amara

"Amara, guess what?" I looked up at Jermaine who had walked in my room.

"Wassup, dawg?"

"I got a girlfriend." My eyes widened as a slight smile came on my face.

"Who?"

"Kiara. I'm in love." He sighed dramatically before falling backwards on my bed, making me laugh.

"Awe shit, okay big bro. I gotta call Kiara's ass cause how come she didn't tell me?"

"We ain't suppose to kiss and tell, but shiid, I had to tell somebody."

"Awwwwn, look at the smile on your face." I poked his cheek. He pushed me back, slapping me hard as hell.

"Punk ass." He chuckled when I nodded, slapping him hard as hell too.

He punched my shoulder, making me punch his stomach. I swung at him but he ducked, picking me up by my legs.

"Why yall always do this dumbass shit?" I heard Malik's voice say. Me and Jermaine both froze before we started laughing as he put me down.

"Y'all must've slapped each other cause y'all face red as hell."

"Shit yeah. Amara slapped me so hard."

"That's because you slapped me hard too." I said, punching Malik in his chest.

"Ight, Amara. You remember the last time we got to jacking."

"Yeah, yo big ass threw me into the table and had to replace it." I said, stale facing him.

"And ya arm was fucked up so stop bullshitting." He said, punching me in my arm.

"What we doing today?" I asked as we walked out of my room.

"I gotta go pick Damien up from daycare." Jermaine said, grabbing his keys.

"And I gotta sort some shit out." I looked at Malik in confusion. "Don't worry about it."

"Imma go see what's up with Nia." I said, grabbing my keys too.

"Ain't she in school where your ass is suppose to be?" Malik mugged me. I smacked my teeth.

"Nigga, I'm back in school, I just ain't feel like going today." I shrugged.

I pulled my phone out, texting Nia.

: why you leave me at home by my self best?🥺

Best🤍🤞🏾: because my dad made me come to school😔🤚🏾come over my house later on today.

: bet

"Now what the hell am I suppose to do?" I mumbled to myself.

"We gone, Se." Malik called out to me.

"Ight, be safe." The door closed and I sighed, laying on the couch.

Boring as hell.
~
Khalisè

"So what you are telling me is legit? Like I can expect everything to go right?" I asked to reassure everything.

I was at a meeting in my dad's office with his wife, Ms. ReNae. Everything she's telling me seems legit, but I gotta make sure.

"Yes you can expect everything to go right. I just gotta meet up with some more people that's over his case. I will tell you one thing tho." She closed her lap top and clasped her hands together.

"I know that I'm going to get him out of there. One way or another. It ain't gonna be too much longer." I slightly smiled and nodded, standing up.

"Thank you so much." I shook her hand as she nodded.

"No problem, sweetie."

"Dad." I turned to see him still typing on his computer. "Dad."

"Oh, wassup, Khalisè?"

"I'm bout to head out." I said, grabbing my stuff.

"Okay, be safe. Oh, come in." He said, since there was a knock on the door.

I slightly rolled my eyes seeing that Malik was walking in. I continued to grab my things. "See y'all later."

I exited the room, scrolling on Instagram.

"Khalisè, wait up."

Not giving a damn about what he saying, I continued to walk. Bored as fuck, need to get me a drink.

Malik caught up to me, making me stop walking.

"What Malik?" I placed my phone in my pocket.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh really? Funny." I chuckled, shifting my bag on my shoulder. "Didn't know you wanted to talk to ya opps, Le. Cause that's what I am, right?"

"Khalisè." He waved his hand, trying to stop me. "Don't do that shit."

"Don't do what shit? Don't piss me off more than I already am, Malik."

He started to say something but I cut him off. I honestly don't have time for any of the bullshit that he's tryna sell me right now.

"You can gone about ya business, dawg. I don't tolerate bullshit and I never will." I said, putting my shades on me.

"So that's what it is, bruh?" I saw he jaw tighten.

"It's been like that." I pushed him back a little bit so I could get some fucking space from his ass.

"Ight, you know I don't give a fuck." He said shrugging.

"And you know I don't either, the fuck?" I scrunched my face up, brushing past him.

Fuck that nigga.