Chapter 30

(A Few Months Later)

Amara

"BITCHHHHH." I laughed before hugging my best friend, swaying side to side. "You look fucking amazing."

"Bitch, so do you."

Today me and Nia were finally graduating from high school. We really finna be out that bitch.

I was at home getting ready, I already had my cap and gown on, hair done and everything. Most likely, Nia's dad dropped her off.

"Where's Malik and Jermaine?" Nia asked. She had her cap and gown on too.

"They went to go pick up Khalisè, Kiara and Damien. They should be on their way back here."

"Or we can tell them to go ahead and let my dad drop us off?"

I shrugged, nodding my head. "Let's do that."

"Okay, I'll go ask my dad, but I'm sure it's not a problem." She said, walking towards my door.

"I'll text Malik!" I yelled out to her.

Malik🦍💕: mr. Williams is gonna drop us off, y'all can gone ahead and go.

Malik🦍💕: bet.

*
my boyfriend💕
iMessage

I smiled before opening it.

my boyfriend💕: you ready?

: you already know it, you better be there

my boyfriend💕: oh, imma be the loudest motherfucker in there, security gonna have to put me out that bitch to get me quiet

:😂💕I appreciate it, I gotta go tho, I'll see you there💕

"Dad's ready." I took a deep breath, looking in the mirror once again.

Let's do this.
~
"I'm freaking out man." Nia patted my back as I walked back and forth.

We were at our graduation ceremony, and now my heart wants to drop to my ass.

"Look, it's gonna be fine. We've been waiting for this day. Everything is gonna be alright." I slowly started to breathe in and out as I listened to Nia.

She's right. You're overreacting.

"Okay." I sighed, and shook myself. "How are you so calm?"

"Oh, trust me, my heart is in my ass." I laughed as I grabbed her hand. We both agreed to say a prayer before going across the stage.

After our prayer, our graduation coach came and told us to get ready.

I stood in the front section of the line as Nia went to the back sections.

"Can everyone please rise from their seats." Everyone being walking out of the door as the speaker told them to welcome us in.

Everyone was clapping and I spotted my brothers out of everybody since they were some of the loudest people. They were sitting beside Damien, Mr. Williams, King, Vinchi, Khalisè and Kiara.

"Lets go Amara!" "Niaaaaaa!" I laughed, waving at them.

Soon we took our seats. Now, all we have to do is wait.
~
A few minutes later

Finally, they are passing out our diplomas and I was so fucking excited to get mines.

I was sitting in the second row, so after the first row got up, we got up after them.