Chapter 5

Vinchi

I waited for them to bring King out for his visit. I looked around, seeing different visitors with different problems. Soon crying sadly, some crying happily, just everything.

"Wassup, man?" I half smiled but that stopped when I seen the look on King's face. "You straight bro?"

"Yeah, I'm cool." He shrugged, cutting his eyes at me, leaving me confused. "How you been?"

"I'm good?" I said in a question tone. What's up with this nigga?

"How's Amara doing?" I took in a deep breath, staring at him. "Mhmm."

"Nia told you." I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"You damn right she told me. Nigga, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Come on, bruh. Ion wanna talk about that."

"Well we gonna talk about it today." I sighed, straight facing him.

"Why you do Amara like that?" I just stared at him, not saying anything. "Speak up nigga, you had a lot to say a few months ago. Actually, why am I just now hearing about this?"

"Because I knew yo ass was gonna do this shit." I mumbled.

"Exactly. Now talk, nigga. You had so much shit to say earlier, right?"

"Look who you talking to, cuhh. If anybody know my actual emotions, it's yo ass."

"Right." He nodded.

"Which means.." I trailed off so he could finish the sentence himself.

"Which means yo ass didn't mean what you said. When you angry, you say shit that you know damn well you ain't suppose to say. That still don't give you to right to say it, tho."

"I know, bruh." I said, sitting back a little.

I knew from after I said those words that I was wrong as hell, and I didn't mean that shit. I always say shit I don't mean when I'm angry, always. I gotta stop that shit tho.

"I bet yo ass feel like shit, bro. That's crazy." King said, shaking his head.

"I ain't gonna lie because I do. She can be hard all she wants to, but I know that I hurt Amara's feelings that night. I didn't even mean to, tho. And now I can't make this shit right. She don't even talk to me anymore." I let out a sigh of frustration.

"You Gotta find a way to make shit right, cuhh. I know that thick ass, hard ass head of your can think of something." I straight faced the fact that this nigga was tryna get on my case.

"Nigga-"I was cut off by an officer coming up to King.

"Times up." He patted his back.

"Niggas never give me all my time." King mumbled, hanging the phone up. He nodded at me as he stood up. "Get yo head straight."

"I know, bruh. Stay up." I said, watching them take him to the back. I sighed as I got up, heading out of the building.

I got in my car, grabbing my phone as I shut the door.

"The fuck?" I mumbled, staring at the text message that I had on my phone.

***-***-****: better go check on ya little friend. ~J

I thought for a second, trying to figure out who was texting me and who was my friend.

I shrugged before I started driving to my house.

As I drove I was thinking about everything. Obviously Amara didn't want my help, but everybody knows that I was still gonna try my best to find out what the hell is going on. Now, I have to try to at least get back on her good side because everybody know she mean as fuck, if you piss her off, she'll spazz on you Fashoo.

I hopped out of my car, getting the front door keys out of my pocket.

Before I could put the keys in the lock, Nia opened the door, falling onto the porch.

"You straight?" I asked, helping her up.

"My bad, dawg. I gotta go." She said, rushing around me, digging into her purse.

"Wait, what's going on? What happened?" I asked as my face grew with confusion. Her facial expression was worrying the fuck outta me.

She passed me her phone, still digging into her purse.

Le💯: meet ya at Khalisè house, Amara got shot.

My eyes slightly grew as I re read the message.

"Damn it, I can't find my fucking keys!" Nia yelled, turning around to go into the house but I stopped her.

"Aye, let's just go in my car." I said, locking the front door back before heading to my car.
~
"Yo." I whispered. Amara was covered in straight blood while Khalisè was working on her. She was also unconscious.

"No, let me go, Dub!" Nia tried pushing Jermaine away from her because he was blocking her way.

"Nia, stop." Jermaine lightly moved her back as she cried, covering her face.

"What the hell happened?!" Nia asked the question that I wanted to know.

I turned, looking at Malik, who was bouncing his leg. His face was tear stained and his hands were covered in blood.

"Cortez.... I swear to God." He mumbled, putting his head in his hands.

"Wait a second." I mumbled, grabbing my phone out of my pocket, going back to the message that was sent to me earlier.

"***-***-****: better go check on ya little friend. ~J"

"Who the hell is that, bruh?" Malik said since he was now looking over my shoulder. I took a deep breath as I threw my phone at the wall, seeing the screen shatter.

"I'll be back." I said, feeling around for my strap.

"Vinch-" I ignored Jermaine's words as I walked out of the house, getting into my car.

I flew down the road, knowing exactly where I was finna go.

Before King went to jail, we were able to track down Jasmine's location, but didn't make a move because she hadn't did anything else. I should've knocked her fucking head off.

"She better pray she not at this house."
~
I knocked on the door, waiting for her to open it. When she didn't come right away, I started banging on the door.

"Yo, who the fu-" I cut her words off by pushing her into her house, holding my gun up to her jawline.

"You really think you the shit, huh?" I said. She never said anything, which made me chuckle.

"Where is Cortez?" I asked and once again,
she didn't say anything. "Where the fuck is Cortez?!"

"I ain't saying shit." I nodded, cocking my gun back.

If I kill her, I ain't gonna know where Cortez is.

I put my shit back on safety before hitting her with the butt on my gun hard as hell, knocking her out.

I grabbed her, lifting her up as I carried her out of the house.

Good thing nobody seen this.